Charging Beep Noise

Dinomite07
Dinomite07 Member Posts: 45 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am using an external monitor with my laptop. My charger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I can mute the noise when I am just using the laptop by muting system sounds but if I am connected to a monitor the beep isn't muted. Is there a way to fix this without buying a new charger?

Best Answer

• Dinomite07
    Answer ✓
    Eh, I'm just going to mute everything and only unmute the programs I am using. There needs to be an international standard for laptop chargers and charging ports. :s

Answers

• I am using an external monitor with my laptop. My charger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I can mute the noise when I am just using the laptop by muting system sounds but if I am connected to a monitor the beep isn't muted. Is there a way to fix this without buying a new charger?
    Disconnecting and reconnecting by itself?
    Thats not normal..
    - Hotel Hero
  • Dinomite07
    edited September 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    I am using an external monitor with my laptop. My charger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I can mute the noise when I am just using the laptop by muting system sounds but if I am connected to a monitor the beep isn't muted. Is there a way to fix this without buying a new charger?
    Thats not normal..
    I once in awhile accident step or move my chair leg on to the charger. I checked the inside and made sure everything wasn't loose. The power cable, port are connected firmly. I don't want to spend $80 on a charger.
  • Red-Sand said:
    Thats not normal..
    I once in awhile accident step or move my chair leg on to the charger. I checked the inside and made sure everything wasn't loose. The power cable, port are connected firmly. I don't want to spend $80 on a charger.
    So your saying that your chair leg damaged the wire and so it disconnects randomly?
    Constant connecting and disconnecting isnt good for your system at all.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Dinomite07
    Red-Sand said:
    Red-Sand said:
    Thats not normal..
    So your saying that your chair leg damaged the wire and so it disconnects randomly?
    Constant connecting and disconnecting isnt good for your system at all.
    Thats what I assumed. Because I stepped on it so many times. Can a damaged wire keep giving and losing power?
  • Dinomite07
    Answer ✓
    Eh, I'm just going to mute everything and only unmute the programs I am using. There needs to be an international standard for laptop chargers and charging ports. :s
  • It can if the wiring (its stranded wire) has become frayed and only part of the strands are making contact and as you adjust the wire the strands reconnect to where they broke completing the conection once again.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Thats what I assumed. Because I stepped on it so many times. Can a damaged wire keep giving and losing power?
    Yes! A damaged wire could allow or block current flow, or sometimes let it out in trickles... its all depends on the type and extent of damage. I would suggest atleast getting the portion of damaged wire repaired, if you aren't wanting to spend on a new charger.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045