Overclocking

Nasha260
Nasha260 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi All
I have been looking at option to overclock my laptop, I have seen many different reviews and opinions, so I wanted to ask here and see what you guys think. 
This is my laptop, do you think its safe to overclock it? what are the risks involved? 

I am doing this to get better FPS while gaming, will this even help me achieve that?

thanks
Navid 

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can do overclocking to get more FPS but the risk are
    Adding any overclock you will always have some risks. Most cpus will be fine with a small overclock, but there is always a small chance they won't be, thats why many sites say overclock at your own risk because they don't want to be responsible for your broken cpu. A better cooler will keep your temps low, but if you put too much voltage through the chip, there is still a chance you will fry something. If you do plan to overclock, just make sure you keep an eye on your temps and don't go crazy and you should be fine, but just know there are still risks or frying something, they may not be very common risks, but they do happen.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can do overclocking to get more FPS but the risk are
    Adding any overclock you will always have some risks. Most cpus will be fine with a small overclock, but there is always a small chance they won't be, thats why many sites say overclock at your own risk because they don't want to be responsible for your broken cpu. A better cooler will keep your temps low, but if you put too much voltage through the chip, there is still a chance you will fry something. If you do plan to overclock, just make sure you keep an eye on your temps and don't go crazy and you should be fine, but just know there are still risks or frying something, they may not be very common risks, but they do happen.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!