graphics card dedicated or integrated?

andrew143
andrew143 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hi

It may seem a dumb thing to ask but does an acer predator 17 have a dedicated graphics card? my one has gtx 1070 but I don't know if it's integrated or dedicated.

Best Answers

Answers

• asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    it is a dedicated card....the integrated card is the one that is builtin in your cpu(intel)
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @andrew143

Check under device manager - the nvidia is dedicated, and intel is integrated.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • andrew143
    andrew143 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    OK,thanks for your help
  • koj_o
    koj_o Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have same laptop, and i only have dedicated nvidia in device manager. I searched for intel drivers but no luck.  So my predator works on dedicated card all the time. Do you know where to find driver or maybe this laptop doesn't have integrated gpu?

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,746 Pathfinder
    @koj_o

Try power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin 
    hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS 
    page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    koj_o said:
    I have same laptop, and i only have dedicated nvidia in device manager. I searched for intel drivers but no luck.  So my predator works on dedicated card all the time. Do you know where to find driver or maybe this laptop doesn't have integrated gpu?
    What is your laptop model? All drivers should be listed under the product support page.
    On the support page, there would be two VGA drivers - one for each, like below.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • koj_o
    koj_o Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-51

Only one. So i hope you can understand my confusion