ABOUT ACER SWIFT 3 BATTERY LIFE .

Options
JEWEL
JEWEL Member Posts: 59

Tinkerer

Hi,
I think I am faceing some battery issue . Acer claims that this device has up to 10 hours battery life. but my laptop is goging up to 4 hours. I am confused. Is there any problem in my device or that is the max battery life for all. Please write about your oppinion.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,783 Pathfinder
    Options
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Please try the Above basic troubleshooting step and check
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RMM94
    RMM94 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    Hello Jack22, is it necessary to drain my laptop before following this measures or nah? Thank you in advance for your reply.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    This is entirely normal and expected behavior for any laptop. Battery charge life is entirely dependent on how much CPU, GPU, screen brightness and drive activity is being used from moment to moment. If you're surfing the net with other application running or playing games battery life will go down rapidly. But if you only turn the system on, with low screen brightness but do little or nothing except let the system set idle you might approach the advertised life before having to recharge. Battery life usually improves with usage as well. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Batmaci
    Batmaci Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    JackE said:
    This is entirely normal and expected behavior for any laptop. Battery charge life is entirely dependent on how much CPU, GPU, screen brightness and drive activity is being used from moment to moment. If you're surfing the net with other application running or playing games battery life will go down rapidly. But if you only turn the system on, with low screen brightness but do little or nothing except let the system set idle you might approach the advertised life before having to recharge. Battery life usually improves with usage as well. Jack E/NJ  

that makes no sense. I am running not even half brightness now and only program running is chrome, just surfing around and my acer doesn't even last 2 hours. it is not even a year old.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    Chrome is likely using the WiFi radio pretty often. The radio uses quite a bit of power...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.