Windows 10 not activated.

Options
joelarrabee
joelarrabee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've had thus laptop for awhile and everything was working fine.  All of a sudden I get a notice that Windows 10 is not activated and when I go to setting to activate I get a message " We can't activate Windows on this device as we cannot connect to your organizations activation server."  I did a factory recovery and after the machine was set up get the same message.  This machine came with Windows 10 so whats the problem?  I really don't want to have to call Microshaft to get this fixed.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options

Hi joelarrabee

I recommended you to try activating the laptop's OS using telephone activation and SLUI command. 

1.On your device, open a command prompt with administrator user rights and launch SLUI by typing SLUI 0x4.

2.In the Windows Activation tool, on the Click the nearest location page, click Next to continue.

3.Call the Microsoft Product Activation Center. In the United States, call 855-469-9468. For a list of other phone numbers, see How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center by phone.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

4.Follow the automated instructions and, when prompted, provide the 63-digit Installation ID.

5.Enter the confirmation ID provided by the phone activation system, and then click Activate.

6.To verify the licensing status, open a command prompt as Administrator on the device.

7.Navigate to the <system drive>:\Windows\System32 folder, type the following, and then verify the License Status now displays “Licensed.”

For more information, please refer to the link:

Activate a Device Using Telephone Activation:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj980163(v=winembedded.81).aspx

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• joelarrabee
    joelarrabee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It turns out according to the troubleshooter that the license is for Windows 10 Home and the machine has Windows 10 Pro on it.  Nothing has been changed on this machine since it was new and everything was working as it should have.  How does the OS change by itself and if I wipe the machine out and recover to factory settings it still has Windows 10 Pro with a Windows 10 Home license?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try this: download the productkey here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey-x64.zip
    Then copy the key from windows 10 pro here: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About the fact of being with windows pro, you registered to receive windows 10 for free at the time that made available windows for who had windows7? Maybe it has updated to windows 10 pro in windows store, in case you have put the same email and password of the registry to receive windows 10 pro for free! It's just a possibility!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,623 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>Nothing has been changed on this machine since it was new and everything was working as it should have.>>>

Might help to reveal your machine's full model number. When you got it. And which Windows version do you think was factory-installed . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dashbabudinesh
    dashbabudinesh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    go to settings>update and recovery>activation(on left tabs)> click trouble shoot> activate windows.
    it activates windows automatically
    note:
    1 .should be connected to internet
    2 .your laptop should come with activated windows