XB271HU doesn't wake after being plugged in or turned on

Sunstriker
Sunstriker Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Had this issue for a while, submitted a ticket a few months ago which accomplished nothing. When I turn the power switch on, the monitor stays black, but has it's blue power light on. Never changes to orange except when it was working properly and the computer was shut down. I turned off the power switch for a week while I was gone. The monitor never displays a logo, or "no signal," but stays black with its blue light.

Cycling power does nothing, blue light always comes back on, switching between Displayport and HDMI does nothing, I've used both types on my gpu and cpu slots, with multiple cables. My old 24" Samsung monitor works 100% of the time. When both are plugged in, the computer doesn't recognize the monitor and the cursor only goes as far as my Samsung monitor. It's not a computer or backlighting issue. I don't run into this issue if the computer is shut down. Then the light turns orange, and wakes upon pc start as usual. But if I turn the power off to the monitor, it won't come on again until some random time later, through reasons unknown to me. Thoughts? This is extremely disappointing for such a high end monitor, especially when I don't have my old monitor here as a backup.

Edit: should add that no monitor menu buttons work.

Answers