How do I reduce power limit throttling and current limit throttling on my 8750H CPU?

2»

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    KayakNate said:
    MohaSyrMK said:
    I have the same power limit throttling but I have what is worse than that, I have thermal throttling, my cpu jumps to 97C as soon as I run any stress test or benchmark. my fans spin like crazy. I sent it to acer services and somehow they said your laptop is fine, LOL. so I decided to repaste it myself and void the warranty which is -in my opinion-  useless. the thing is, I undervolt to -.150 and I got 1239 CN score. even though I was thermal throttling so bad. Idk if I could go higher if I repaste but I will check that once I decide to repaste and do it. 

@Red-Sand

can you please tell us more how to get your undervolt and power stuff ready from predator sense with some pictures how to do it. it would be amazing if the undervolt and power limit can be done without any programs installed or running in the background. 

How are you getting 1239 on CN/CB?! And those temps make it seem like your CPU isn't wattage throttling at all. Which is great. If I could get a helios to do what yours is doing, it would be an instant purchase. What settings are you using one what cpu softwares?

I agree it doesn't appear he's throttling at all.

Even with my powerlimits unlocked with temps maxing at 68 C I score about 1249 CB.
    - Hotel Hero
  • MohaSyrMK
    MohaSyrMK Member Posts: 4 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    MohaSyrMK said:
    I have the same power limit throttling but I have what is worse than that, I have thermal throttling, my cpu jumps to 97C as soon as I run any stress test or benchmark. my fans spin like crazy. I sent it to acer services and somehow they said your laptop is fine, LOL. so I decided to repaste it myself and void the warranty which is -in my opinion-  useless. the thing is, I undervolt to -.150 and I got 1239 CN score. even though I was thermal throttling so bad. Idk if I could go higher if I repaste but I will check that once I decide to repaste and do it. 

@Red-Sand

can you please tell us more how to get your undervolt and power stuff ready from predator sense with some pictures how to do it. it would be amazing if the undervolt and power limit can be done without any programs installed or running in the background. 

I'm actually doing this on the Helios 500, is that what you have @MohaSyrMK?

If its not then there is a special procedure to hijack Predator Sense's XTU service to gain a undervolt without running any other programs (auto start with pred sense).

I plan on making videos for both methods soon.
    @Red-Sand Yeah I have the helios 500 as well, I don't like to install or run any other program beside Predator sense so I'd really appreciate it if you let us know how to increase the undervolt from -125 ( default ) to -150 which is the sweet spot for my cpu without having to run any other program in the background.

thanks
  • MohaSyrMK
    @Red-Sand Hello,

Yeah, I have the helios 500 as well. I already undervolted using what you said editing predator sense files, now I just want to know should I keep the windows 10 1709 or do you have the window 10 1809 on your pc and its doing well? please let me know cause I'm about to format my laptop ( service installed single language windows 10 home ) I wanna know which one do you think is best to have on the helios 500 so CPU idles at 0-1% 

Thanks
  • MohaSyrMK
    KayakNate said:
    MohaSyrMK said:

@Red-Sand

How are you getting 1239 on CN/CB?! And those temps make it seem like your CPU isn't wattage throttling at all. Which is great. If I could get a helios to do what yours is doing, it would be an instant purchase. What settings are you using one what cpu softwares?
    @KavakNate I didn't use throttle stop, I used Predator sense Max settings and I undervolted using XTU to -.150 no other changes and I got that score even tho I was thermal throttling, and I'm still having the thermal issue even tho I sent it to acer to repaste and they did but no change. I have no idea what's wrong with my temps but my cpu's performance is really good. I'm just worried about its lifespan... 
  • Vela
    Vela Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

You CAN have long term power boost without any problems on this laptop. I did it on  Intel XTU. The only problem with it is that it needs to be started manually every time you need that kind of performance. I use it only for rendering. You can see it here on this thread I made. I don't want to upload another image here again. I get 100% cpu usage for as long as I need, those negative spikes that you see are when the render was done and I started another one. I get around 4GHz on all cores for as long as I need @ 65W. Just max out your fans and you'll be golden. This laptop is really good.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/599011?&breakffcache=7c0a6
  • popz9999
    popz9999 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    KayakNate said:
    MohaSyrMK said:

@Red-Sand

I agree it doesn't appear he's throttling at all.

Even with my powerlimits unlocked with temps maxing at 68 C I score about 1249 CB.
    What are you guys talking about ? I always get 1250+ CB (Cinebench R15) score with -147mV undervolt and max fans. Also in Cinebench R20 I always get a score of 2800+. In Cinbench R15, my top score is 1277 and in R20 my top score is 2834.

• vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    I've got Triton 500. Running Intel XTU and Cinebench 20. First 30sec i'm getting full 3900mhz on 6 cores with 58W drain. Then Power Limit Throttling appear and i'm getting 3500mhz with 45W. What's that? I don't have enough power? I had it for 30 sec and now it's gone? Where?