Why is my computer, after update my FPS is dropping, Wifi connection is slowing down

JordanLim
JordanLim Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Why is my computer, after update my FPS is dropping, Wifi connection is slowing down can't even use it properly.
By the way how to install nitro sense?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder

Go under settings -> Update & Security -> windows update -> view update history -> uninstall updates

and uninstall the 2018-05 cumulative update, and pause windows 10 update for a month. This might work, but if it work than its just a Temporary Fix. but try.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    If you have initiated a custom install of the operating system the Nitrosense may not have installed, You will have to do a reset on your laptop and remove everything and clean the drive. After the reinstall you should be able to see Nitrosense.Please remember to back up any data as a reset will remove everything and just install the complete operating system... If can also provide the model number that would be helpful
  • JordanLim
    JordanLim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    If you have initiated a custom install of the operating system the Nitrosense may not have installed, You will have to do a reset on your laptop and remove everything and clean the drive. After the reinstall you should be able to see Nitrosense.Please remember to back up any data as a reset will remove everything and just install the complete operating system... If can also provide the model number that would be helpful
    Hi, thanks for your reply, how to "remove everything and clean the drive"? after cleaning the drive will it become like the exact new laptop? Btw will i lose microsoft? 
  • Jack22

Go under settings -> Update & Security -> windows update -> view update history -> uninstall updates

and uninstall the 2018-05 cumulative update, and pause windows 10 update for a month. This might work, but if it work than its just a Temporary Fix. but try.

• Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    the problem si that the wifi module in the laptop has an issue with heavy loads after the may update...
    I use a USB wifi dongle to get around this problem especially when gaming.

But this problem also happens based on which access point/router you have. Because when I travel with the laptop sometimes I Don't have the problem.
    Overall it comes from the Qualcomm wifi chip.