Need advice about battery!

Options
Foxyintheboxy
Foxyintheboxy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all guys i'm new here,

First thing, i had already surfed the web and readed a tons of articles about this question, but i can't still understand the right way that have to be taked.

I had work like a crazy in order to buy my acer predator helios 300, the model with the 1060 and the i7 7700k. Now i have a question about this pc. I made this investiment thinking about the fact that i want to use this pc for at least 4 years, and i really can't understand what to do with the battery. For the pretty much of the time, i'm using this like a Desktop pc...so the pc stays always plugged in since 2 months that i bought it.

Is this a bad thing? should i remove the battery from the pc? What a hek should i do in order to not let it die fast?

Thanks to all guys!

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY IF YOU HAVE ANY NON MECHANICAL HARD DISK INSTALLED..!

Modern hard disks like SSD need constant power in trickles to retain data. Removing battery for extended periods of time will cause data loss. This is one untold reason why almost all recent laptops with SSDs (and similar drives) installed come with fixed battery.

Do not worry too much about battery replacement at this time. I have two laptops at home, though they are Asus, and both are over 6 years old. Battery capacities are between 50-60 percent on both of them. So you should be good with battery for atleast 5 years, albeit with reduced capacity, unless the battery came in defective.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Options

Modern hard disks like SSD need constant power in trickles to retain data. Removing battery for extended periods of time will cause data loss. This is one untold reason why almost all recent laptops with SSDs (and similar drives) installed come with fixed battery.

Do not worry too much about battery replacement at this time. I have two laptops at home, though they are Asus, and both are over 6 years old. Battery capacities are between 50-60 percent on both of them. So you should be good with battery for atleast 5 years, albeit with reduced capacity, unless the battery came in defective.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Foxyintheboxy
    Foxyintheboxy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    sri369 said:

That really usefull, thanks man!