Aspire E5 -576-392H

Stuntpilot
Stuntpilot Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

Aspire E5-576-392H. I bought it with the intention of upgrading RAM and HD to a SSD primary and making the provided (slow) HDD storage only. Installed the WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD and then upgraded RAM to 16g as per multiple recommendations on Amazon. The RAM works perfectly but the laptop will not recognize the SSD. ACER support was no help. I have updated the Bios but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?  

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi Stuntpilot,

Sorry to know that added SSD is not recognized by the laptop. I suspect that the issue might be due to compatibility. Below are the Acer officially recommended compatible SSD for your laptop, based on sizes.  

Compatible Solid State Drive (SSD) of capacity 128GB:-
    1. Liteon CV1-8B128
    2. Samsung MZNLF128HCHP
    3. Toshiba THNSNJ128G8NY

Compatible Solid State Drive (SSD) of capacity 256GB:-
    1. Liteon CV1-8B256
    2. Samsung MZNLN256HCHP
    3. Toshiba THNSNJ256G8NY

Compatible Solid State Drive (SSD) of capacity 512GB:-
    1. Liteon CV3-8D512
    2. Hynix SC308
    3. Micron MTFDDAV512TBN

Features of all the above mentioned compatible SSD:-
     e-NAND system specification, compliant with V5.0 
     Dual data rate: up to 400Mbyte/s @ 200MHz

I recommended you to remove the WD SSD installed in your computer and add any one of the above listed SSD. The laptop should certainly recognize the SSD. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Stuntpilot
    Stuntpilot Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your response. Multiple posters on Amazon have referenced using the WD 3D NAND 500g SSD and indicated it installed immediately, without incident. If it were only 1 or 2 verified users I would conclude that was a scam but there are too many of them, and  I prefer a WD to any of the devices you listed. Do you have any other thoughts on how to get it recognized? Interestingly,  the SSD DOES show up in the Device manager but not in the disc management. 
  • Rustifer
    Rustifer Member Posts: 1 New User
    I purchased the same Acer Aspire E5-576-392H with a WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB PC SSD and then upgraded RAM to 12gb ram, also as recommended on Amazon reviews.  After I installed the SSD and Ram the SSD was recognized by BIOS and in Device Manager but not in File Explorer. So I used Acer Care Center to Checkup on the SSD drive and after the "check" was completed the SSD drive was recognized as Good. I then used Drive Management to initialize the drive (but do not format it, leave it Unallocated. If you do format it, to get it back to Unallocated you will have to right-click the SSD drive and Delete Volume). I then followed along with a YouTube video (How to Clone Acer Aspire E5-576-392H HDD to SSD make Boot Drive without installing Windows 10) that uses EaseUS. It worked perfectly.