Is it possible to add additional ssd for Swift 5 (SF514-52T-59ZV) ?

Albionddraig
Albionddraig Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Is it possible to add another SSD to the laptop,since the model i saw in the shop just have 256gb ssd.
Is there a second slot for additional SSD? Does Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD suitable to use in tis model?
Does clone(just like in the youtube video) is a necessary for adding additional ssd?Does tis have the possibility to lost the window 10 OS? 
 https://youtu.be/ZVvIOOx-i7E

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Albionddraig 
    This model does have an additional slot to install an SSD.

This model supports Solid state drive. Some officially supported SSD are listed below)
    256 GB / 512 GB, PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe

512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth
    (Intel SSD SSDPEKKW512G7X1,  Micron SSD MTFDDAV512TBN

256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth
    (Intel SSD SSDPEKKW256G7X1, Micron SSD MTFDDAV256TBN, Hynix SSD HFS256G39TNDN210A)

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Dear friends @Sharanji and @Albionddraig ! Looking at the service guide for this model, it has two inputs for ssd m2 2280! Being that one of the inputs supports ssd nvme 4 lanes!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Albionddraig 
    This model does have an additional slot to install an SSD.

This model supports Solid state drive. Some officially supported SSD are listed below)
    256 GB / 512 GB, PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe

512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth
    (Intel SSD SSDPEKKW512G7X1,  Micron SSD MTFDDAV512TBN

256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s Max. Read Speed/Bandwidth
    (Intel SSD SSDPEKKW256G7X1, Micron SSD MTFDDAV256TBN, Hynix SSD HFS256G39TNDN210A)

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Dear friends @Sharanji and @Albionddraig ! Looking at the service guide for this model, it has two inputs for ssd m2 2280! Being that one of the inputs supports ssd nvme 4 lanes!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Albionddraig
    Albionddraig Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the answer =)=)
    @Sharanji  
    @egydiocoelho
  • dariusmizuro
    dariusmizuro Member Posts: 1 New User
    If i were to add a storage of any 1tb m.2 nvme is it possible to support? does that affect the battery life?
  • It is possible that this notebook model will accept a ssd nvme of 1tb, but I am not 100% sure!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Seybey
    Seybey Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hello everybody ,
    Is there also a second slot for Acer swift SF515-51T-55ZM ? .
    Thank you for your answer,
    Best regards,
  • @SeybayIdeally, you create a new thread. Click here: https://community.acer.com/en/post/question/s-r-series

egydiocoelho Trailblazer