Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nitro 5 AN515-52 73Y8 RAM Upgrade compatibility

Ac_chandraAc_chandra Posts: 3Member New User
Hi,

Im currently using Nitro 5 AN515-52-73Y8 with specs like i7 8750, 8GB Kingston DDR4 2666  and  1 Terra SATA

I'm planning to upgrade the RAM , and put in SSD, and the question is this : 

1. Im planning to put in a 8GB stick to the 2nd slot, if i put in a corsair 8GB ddr4 2666 will it run as dual channel , or will it run as single channel memory ? Or do i have to put in identical stick (kingston 8gb ddr4 2666)  to make it run as dual channel ? 

2. Im planning to put in Samsung M.2 NVMe 970 EVO 250GB, will it read the drive as NVMe or just M.2 SATA ? 

Thanks,

Best Answer

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 549
    edited August 29 Accepted Answer
    Hi Ac_chandra

Your laptop's AN515-52 System Memory specs are as follows:-
    Interface design: DDR4 2400/2666 SODIMM memory 
    Number of slots available: DDR4 SODIMM slot x 2
    Supports memory size per socket:  4GB/8GB/16GB
    Maximum memory is up to 32GB

I could not locate any info about Single or Dual Channel regarding RAM performance. You can have individual RAM of 8GB DDR4 2666 in one slot and that should add total to the RAM. 

Laptop's Storage Subsystem
    • SATA HDD
    Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay), design reserve for Intel Optane
    Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door)

You can use Samsung M.2 NVMe 970 EVO and it will work. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 549Ally
    edited August 29 Accepted Answer
    Hi Ac_chandra

Your laptop's AN515-52 System Memory specs are as follows:-
    Interface design: DDR4 2400/2666 SODIMM memory 
    Number of slots available: DDR4 SODIMM slot x 2
    Supports memory size per socket:  4GB/8GB/16GB
    Maximum memory is up to 32GB

I could not locate any info about Single or Dual Channel regarding RAM performance. You can have individual RAM of 8GB DDR4 2666 in one slot and that should add total to the RAM. 

Laptop's Storage Subsystem
    • SATA HDD
    Storage 1 : M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay), design reserve for Intel Optane
    Storage 2 : 9.5mm/7mm co-lay (Support HDD Door)

You can use Samsung M.2 NVMe 970 EVO and it will work. 

• Ac_chandraAc_chandra Posts: 3Member New User
    Thanks man @Balatekie

So it wont be a problem if i use a different brand of memory sticks  and it will run as dual channel instead of a whole single channel ?
  • BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 549Ally
    Thanks man @Balatekie

So it wont be a problem if i use a different brand of memory sticks  and it will run as dual channel instead of a whole single channel ?
    You are welcome. Yep.. you can use different brand RAM and need not to be identical. 

• Cooldool2kCooldool2k Posts: 1Member New User
    How much difference in speed & performance it will make if put a SSD and 8 GB RAM, I have the same config as above and I have 16 GB optane too.
  • Darandale99Darandale99 Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

Will the samsung nvme drive give full performance when the optane is removed?
  • Miguel24Miguel24 Posts: 2Member New User
    AN515-52-57VM
    y ese modelo de cuanto de ram acepta??