INTEL 9260NGW BLUETOOTH not detected - Predator G3-571 CAN IT BE FROM THE BIOS?

Options
2»

Answers

• Yadex
    Yadex Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,

I can confirm that Bluetooth started showing up in the device manager and is working in a Acer Aspire A715-71G laptop with an "Intel WIFI 6 AX200 160MHz" card.
    I put a small piece of tape over the 2 contacts as shown in the screenshot above.

For the drivers I installed the latest Intel WIFI drivers (22.20.06) and in a separate installation the latest Intel Bluetooth drivers (22.20.03).

Thank you very much.

• Thyv3n
    Thyv3n Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    xmm said:
    Driver installation was performed in any combination. I am a very experienced user !!
    Absolutely sure

but !!!

I found the solution myself !!! I am sure that my method will help the owners of ALL fresh versions of ACER with trying change for intel 9260.
    need to glue on the board with tape for contact. I attach photo contacts. =)

I did this with a magnifying glass and good lighting, the second time it happened))))
    The method works by reviews on laptops Acer V-Nitro.

Thank you for your help!!!
    I did the same on my AX200NGW and now wifi and bluetooth are working perfectly!!
  • NitroMage
    NitroMage Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thank you for this trick. It also helped on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 to be upgraded with an AX200 card.
  • NitroMage
    NitroMage Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thyv3n said:
    xmm said:
    Driver installation was performed in any combination. I am a very experienced user !!
    Absolutely sure

but !!!

I found the solution myself !!! I am sure that my method will help the owners of ALL fresh versions of ACER with trying change for intel 9260.
    need to glue on the board with tape for contact. I attach photo contacts. =)

I did this with a magnifying glass and good lighting, the second time it happened))))
    The method works by reviews on laptops Acer V-Nitro.

Thank you for your help!!!
    I did the same on my AX200NGW and now wifi and bluetooth are working perfectly!!
    Hi Thyv3n,
    I can get about 150-200 Mbps download speed through wifi at https://www.speedtest.net/ with ax200 and 300 Mbps with direct cable connection. Can you get more bandwidth with this solution?

• nE0sIghT
    nE0sIghT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The pins workaroud also works fine with AX210NGW and Aspire A517
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Hi @nE0sIghT,

Thank you for joining our Acer community.

it looks like you have posted your comment in one of the older threads. This may not get much attention from other community members. We request you to create a new topic by explaining the complete issue with model name would help.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • Uz
    Uz Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello. I confirm that in Preda Helios 300 317-51 changing wifi card to Intel Killer AX1675x (AX210 NGW) AX210.NGWG.NVX with M.2 a+e key connection working this bt hack with masking tape. 😎

• raihan_aqila
    raihan_aqila Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Hello guys, so instead of taking the Intel AX210 for the 6E Wi-Fi, I bought the Qualcomm QCNFA765 to upgrade my Wi-Fi card and applied it on my Acer Aspire VX 15.

I'm now currently facing the same issue with the bluetooth, but the contact pins in this unit seems different than Intel's.

So how can I solve the issue with that hack?

• Uz
    Options

First what kind of wifi card was inside before from factory? And that hack, I think, works with a+e key socket. Please give S/N from backside your Acer laptop. Thx.

• raihan_aqila

Tinkerer

edited November 2023
    Options

The wifi card which came default from the factory was a Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A (NGFF, M.2 2230), and it looks like this:

I'm then replaced it with the Qualcomm QCNFA765 which uses the same NGFF interface with M.2 2230 form factor according to these sources:
    https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Qualcomm_Atheros_QCNFA344A

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Qualcomm_QCNFA765

and so my laptop's S/N is: NHGM4SN003XXX

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• Uz
    edited October 2023
    Options

So you see that from factory u get this M.2 a+e key connection wifi card. U can try to put your new card in and watch it works or not. I see from S/N that your lap is with linux? Or you installed win on it? If no, then go to variant with M.2 a+e key connection. By the way my intel card was cost around 35 euro with sending. I ordered it from Mouser site. There is some difference with names and you need check out first what u need bcause some model support only vPro intel prose some not. Better choose not vPro version at AX 210 from intel and u get Intel Killer card. Thit AX 211 and 411 is for intel prose 13th gen and up and with E key connection only. Like this goes to you AX210.NGWG.NV https://eu.mouser.com/c/embedded-solutions/wireless-rf-modules/multiprotocol-modules/?m=Intel&series=Wi-Fi%206%20AX210

In description tab u see what it is. In this link u get better overview. It is pdf file. I will ad some info more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNVi
    “Likewise, the Wi-Fi 6E AX2xx family of cards, supporting the Wi-Fi 6 at 6 GHz, is proposed in CNVio2 or M.2 form factor: a 0 at the end of the name designates a PCI-E NGFF card (AX200, AX210) whereas a 1 designates a CNVio2 card (AX201, AX211).” https://d2pgu9s4sfmw1s.cloudfront.net/UAM/Prod/Done/a062E00001ePEG3QAO/e5b8330d-35d8-4b57-95d0-505a295d4541?response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename*%3DUTF-8%27%27626913_Intel_Wi-Fi_6E_AX210_Typhoon_Peak_2_Product_Brief_v1_2.pdf&Expires=2013885866&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJKRNIMMSNYXST6UA&Signature=RmV5cISTQfNgXQxgMEAjhoASPnvIJ3TqCjvBT~H5LbG5qik75QVxfIFzKd6EGgxY-hk85mKq6jC7MC8sS99Afsrms9iy-6itEHWvtY1n7wy1yH-iUdv55qDWeq6ciYdkoY~hvJUsV3c8GFpSu7HFOeJEg55X6yG5ss26bR8yjdrzYh9f5X5vm-BB~4vaMe5-Cxg~DKs7cgJd2CuRyTahKyCXjl5ex8DoaadfEsCGfLEZzGwbticwq1gbtv5i5VTeNSZmqAm7WaG4sUMEQsMizJ73MTmazYbqJsHz24l5JI4YKCa~3hwhVBmoa~4kWZO6KZ-PSlQAwh4i5SRT2rpmxA__

• raihan_aqila

Tinkerer

Options
  • Uz
    Options

Do you get work this wifi card`? Thx.

• Pedro_Brandt
    Pedro_Brandt Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Thanks, it worked too on my Acer A515-52g using a AX210NGW wifiboard.

• Justakiwi
    Justakiwi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Worked for me too!

AX200 card in my A517-51G.

Just do as mentioned above and the Bluetooth connection should work again ☺️

This discussion has been closed.