Removing laptop stickers void warranty ?

Skyshay001
Skyshay001 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
As the question above implies i wanted to ask what would happen if i remove my Intel, Nvidia and the FHD stickers on my Triton 700 ? Will it void my warranty ? I've been told by the retail owner that sometimes this is used to see if the product has been tampered with or something. But will it happen in this case ? I really hate having stickers on my laptop. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    It will not void your warranty.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>>I've been told by the retail owner that sometimes this is used to see if the product has been tampered with or something. >>>

If you just bought the machine, and the retailer has a reasonable time period for returns or refunds, I can see why you might want to resist the temptation to remove the stickers before the retailer's time period expires. As for voiding the warranty, I think @Red-Sand is correct --- which to me means it *should not* as opposed to *will not*. So if it were mine, I'd probably also resist the temptation to remove the stickers before the warranty period expires. I don't like to leave any wiggle room, even for ACER.  =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EddieSi
    EddieSi Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
    No it will not. They are just stickers. Now if they had screws underneath to access any panels then yes they will see it as a sign that you dismantled your pc. I removed all of mine except the intel i7 only because I like the holographic shiny part lol. 
  • Red-Sand
    EddieSi said:
    No it will not. They are just stickers. Now if they had screws underneath to access any panels then yes they will see it as a sign that you dismantled your pc. I removed all of mine except the intel i7 only because I like the holographic shiny part lol. 
    I gotta admit.. I'd be super super surprised if someone tried to pull warranty for that lol.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Skyshay001
    Skyshay001 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Alrigthy guess i'll just have to leave the stickers then. To be honest though the NVIDIA and Intel one doesn't bother me as much as the FHD 1080 one. Can't wait til warranty expires lol 
  • Red-Sand
    Alrigthy guess i'll just have to leave the stickers then. To be honest though the NVIDIA and Intel one doesn't bother me as much as the FHD 1080 one. Can't wait til warranty expires lol 
    You could always ask the retailer you bought it from.. I know its not Acer's policy to void warranty for this (Even in India where their guidelines are the most brutal).

What country are you in?
    - Hotel Hero