Aspire ES1-533 no legacy boot mode in BIOS

Options
user12345
user12345 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello.
I have problem with ES1-533, cant change boot mode to Legacy. Updated BIOS to newest and boot mode is grayed out(UEFI), before with older BIOS version this option was active but only variant was UEFI. I can change secure boot enabled/disabled. Is there any way to enable legacy mode?
Other strange thing is i cant boot from USB flash drive. In boot menu(F12) only option is Windows Boot Manager...

I have also Aspire ES1-311(can change UEFI/Legacy no problem) and tested with it, also cant boot USB if boot mode is UEFI(wont list it in boot menu), in Legacy mode it boot fine from USB. USB flash drive should be ok, boot in UEFI mode with other PCs.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some notebook models are no longer allowing you to switch to legacy mode! Probably your bios (which is actually called uefi) is already in the uefi class III version, which no longer allows the image of the legacy mode! Intel itself has already said that by 2020, all of its devices will only support UEFI!
    For the pendrive to work in uefi mode, go to the cmd as administrator and type: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert gpt (single that works in uefi mode), create partition primary , format fs = fat32 quick and assign!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • user12345
    user12345 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you.
    Yes looks like its only UEFI device(i searched little bit before i made this topic and some people said they can change to legacy, probably however different laptop models etc).
    I probably will use wrong word "BIOS" long time, old habits die hard :)
    I downloaded newer Win10 iso and used different flash drive, now boots from it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Thankfully you were able to boot from the pendrive!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MANISHZMR
    MANISHZMR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Not working for me plz help. How can i convert it legacy. If I can’t than how can i install windows 7 on this.
  • MANISHZMR
    MANISHZMR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I didn’t get the cmd part.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @MANISHZMR Create the new thread, clicking in ask a question. Add me putting @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• fransois
    fransois Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Only if this can help,  I just bought a laptop Acer 3 yesterday, and was didoriented not to discover a traditional Bios.  But I actived the boot to F 12. Having already an usb key, formated Fat32, and Mint Cinnamon 19, installed with ''LinuxLive usb Creator'' (easy to find with Google), it worked like a charm. Already installed in dual boot...I don't need to go again in the Bios. Insert the USB, start the PC and press F12. And they ask you the choose on what we want to boot. I tried with other Linux distributions, and works very fine. I hope it will work for you to.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    user12345 said:
    Hello.
    I have problem with ES1-533, cant change boot mode to Legacy. Updated BIOS to newest and boot mode is grayed out(UEFI), before with older BIOS version this option was active but only variant was UEFI. I can change secure boot enabled/disabled. Is there any way to enable legacy mode?
    Other strange thing is i cant boot from USB flash drive. In boot menu(F12) only option is Windows Boot Manager...

I have also Aspire ES1-311(can change UEFI/Legacy no problem) and tested with it, also cant boot USB if boot mode is UEFI(wont list it in boot menu), in Legacy mode it boot fine from USB. USB flash drive should be ok, boot in UEFI mode with other PCs.
    Its got to do with your boot HDD mode as its in the 'uefi' mode GUID partition table (GPT), the only way around this would be to reformat the drive with MBR mode and reinstall the OS using a boot option (cdrom or flash drive) that does not have a (uefi) suffix and its in MBR. Also consider what egydiocoelho has said. But, I don't know why you would want to install Win=7 on your main drive unless you completely get rid of the GUID partition table (GPT) and Win-10 and convert it to MBR? Also consider installing Win-7 on an external drive and having a dual boot mode type system like a slave drive