Predator GX-792-713B How to recover with Recovery Partition?

Options
YgrecPeKa
YgrecPeKa Member Posts: 95 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited June 2022 in Predator Desktops
Hi guys!

I really need your help. I made a mistake because I deleted the default ACER's default OS on my Predator GX-792-713B to make a clean install of Win10 because I don't like all these softwares put on the OS but I kept the Recovery Partition just in case. Now I would like to reinstall the default OS because I have some trouble with a USB port but how can I do that? I tried ALT+F10 while booting but it's not working, I tried the recovery option with Win10 but it installs to me a clean Win10. I need to get this recovery partition for booting on it and install it. Any idea?

Sorry for my english :/

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Thanks for advance!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This is not the Acer recovery partition! To find out if the recovery partition is actually intact, restart the notebook and press f2; search for the d2drecovery feature and activate it; then press f10 to save on exit and immediately press alt + f10!
    If by pressing alt + f10 nothing happens then it means that you have deleted the recovery partition from Acer! The recovery partition shown by you is created when you install windows 10, but it is not the recovery partition of Acer!
    You can buy a pendrive with the factory windows 10 here: https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/
    What is the problem with the usb port? has there to be with charging devices on the usb-c port?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YgrecPeKa
    Options
    Ok, I tried Alt+F10, nothing happended. I guess I just deleted the recovery partition like an *****…
    Do you think it's better to have a clean install of Win10 or to have the ACER's OS, just like when you just bought the computer?
    My problem with my USB port is it not working when I plug my mouse, keyboard, Xbox one controller, headphone, but it work when I plug a USB key or an external HDD. When I plug my Xbox one controller, it vibrate, so something happen but why it doesn't light on and not working? I don't understand!
    For your link, it's tell me "We could not find the serial number you entered", I'm in France that's why maybe.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I prefer a clean install as it does not contain programs called bloatwares (these are programs introduced by the manufacturer like norton, mcafee)! However the operating system provided by the manufacturer is optimized for your hardware; including the drivers are also changed by the manufacturer!
    However I prefer to do an installation using the iso from microsoft as it does not contain the bloatwares and install the latest and generic direct drivers nvidia, intel or amd!
    About the serial number, did you already register the notebook on the Acer website?
    The site only distributes usb recovery to the United States! Make sure that Acer France can provide you with this usb recovery!
    About the fact that the usb is not working with certain peripherals, check if there is any problem driver in the device manager or use some program like driverbooster to update those drivers!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • YgrecPeKa
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just install a clean Win10 and my USB port doesn't work… It work just for 1 usb key and my external HDD, I don't understand, I checked all driver, I did driverbooster, nothing fix my problem… Can it be in the BIOS ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Did you check for specific drivers for these devices? What is the mouse model of the keyboard you want to connect? Have you tried restarting by leaving these devices connected to that port? Can you hit a photo of the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YgrecPeKa
    Options
    I think it is a problem with the number of the port because I identified all my port "Port 1" "Port 3" and "Port 4" but one is like "Port 4 Hub 2" and I think it is my Port 2, I don't know how can I fix this :/ Why it's not fix after a new install of windows 10 :/
    Other problem since I bought the laptop, sometime when I boot my PC, I realise my keyboard is like OFF, disable and to fix it, I need to reboot my laptop. It happen often like 1/10 boot.
    Sorry for my English :scream:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you hit a photo of the device manager pressing the printscreen key?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YgrecPeKa
    Options
    Here a screen of my device manager:

Do you know something about my disable keyboard 1/10 when I boot my laptop?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Vérifiez les points suivants: allez dans les options d'alimentation et éteignez le démarrage rapide et éteignez le portable! L'ordinateur portable éteint, branchez le clavier ou tout autre matériel non identifié sur le port USB et allumez-le! Vérifiez maintenant si cela fonctionne et si ce n'est pas le cas, allez dans le gestionnaire de périphériques et assurez-vous que le pilote du clavier ou de la souris a un symbole!
    Sur le clavier, il se peut que le démarrage rapide en soit la cause!
    Quelle version de Windows 10 est actuellement installée?
    Désolé pour mon français car j'utilise google translator!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YgrecPeKa
    Options
    You can speak english, I understand :)
    Thanks a lot for your time dude.
    I tried to disable the fast boot but I don't have the option, I think it is because when I install Windows 10, I made "powercfg -h off" in the console, so the fast boost is actually disable I guess.
    I tried to reboot with a xbox controller on the usb port and nothing change in my device manager.
    I have Windows 10 Home 64x bit. Do you think Windows 10 Pro is better and can fix my problem?
    I really don't understand because when I plug a USB key or an external HDD, it work! but when I plug my mouse, keyboard, xbox controller or something else, it don't work... What the hell is going on :anguished:
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The drivers are the same in any version! Changing the windows version will not solve the problem!
    Re-enable quick startup by typing this command in cmd as administrator: powercfg -h on! Disable quick startup of the power options and turn off the notebook; then plug the keyboard into the port and check!
    One question: on the other USB ports are the keyboard and mouse recognized?
    One more thing, I speak Portuguese kkkk!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YgrecPeKa
    Options
    Well, nothing happened. I re-enable with powercfg -h on, I disable the quick startup of the power options and yeah, nothing change in device manager.
    Yes all my other USB ports works with my mouse, keyboard and everything.
    I don't know what can I do :anguished:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This usb port that does not identify the keyboard, is usb 3.0 or usb-c?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YgrecPeKa
    Options
    It's usb 3.0

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did this port work with the factory operating system?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• YgrecPeKa
    Options
    Yes and without factory operating system, it's 4 months ago I deleted ACER's OS and installed a clean windows 10 and it worked. Since 1 week it does not work anymore.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try to do a windows 10 installation, using a slow format type, which scans the disk for errors, in addition to fixing them! It might solve that problem! These builds that Microsoft releases, it's practically an entire operating system and most of the time, it brings many incompatibilities with various hardware!
    I'm going to post a file that shows how to install windows 10 correctly using slow formatting!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PPinkPP
    PPinkPP Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    I receives "recovery" screen, "alt" + "F10" does not work, I can access HDD as an external device using command prompt (connecting via usb port), I share disk management screen shot and the other screen shots.Anyone can help please?
    Thanks a lot...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    I am confused. What is the 75GB drive 0 that is connected and booting as C:? The 500GB Disk 1 doesn't look like it's correctly setup for a normal UEFI Boot for Windows. The 100MB EFI partition is normally first and does not have an NTFS file system, the Recovery partition is normally second or at the end, after the system partition.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.