predator g9-593 freezing and fps drops

youseftalal
youseftalal Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hey guys i got predator g9-593 (NHQ1CEM001646011547200) the past 3 weeks i have been noticing a freeze in my games and fps drop ,games like league of legends fornite ,etc . i got 16 gb of ram and gtx 1060 i tried to reset the pc to factory setting and nothing happen still got the same problem i tried to reinstall nvidia drivers and nothing happen ,and by the way all the temp gpu or cpu is really good like 40C ,can anyone help me please i ran out of warranty btw 

Answers

• youseftalal

Tinkerer

please any help ?>
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    The latest windows update automatically downloaded the latest drivers when actually Acer's drivers work best (due to creating their own hardware).
    If you go to Acer's driver download page and reinstall the drivers there such as...
    Intel VGA, Intel AHCI, Intel Chipset, Realtek, Turbo Boost etc as well as use a Nvidia driver that works best for you (currently 388.31 Ive heard works quite well) you should find your performance returns.

Also keep in mind your temperatures should be monitored and background/bloat management of windows services should also be taken into account to help alleviate the CPU and free it up to run the programs you want (which lowers temps and reduces thermal throttling of the CPU).

This channel has some guides for optimizing components for gaming on the Helios 300.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw

Let me know results.
    - Hotel Hero
  • lingching07
    lingching07 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Got the same issue. Normally I run my games smoothly above 60fps but sometimes serious fps drop occurs (e.g. 60fps->4fps) for a few seconds and is pretty annoying. Tried clean install of nvidia driver, update firmware...but issue still remain. Could anyone possibly point out what exactly causes this?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Got the same issue. Normally I run my games smoothly above 60fps but sometimes serious fps drop occurs (e.g. 60fps->4fps) for a few seconds and is pretty annoying. Tried clean install of nvidia driver, update firmware...but issue still remain. Could anyone possibly point out what exactly causes this?

Have you seen this?

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549449/recent-fps-stuttering-on-helio-300#latest
    - Hotel Hero
  • youseftalal

Tinkerer

i don't have an integrated grahpics card
  • youseftalal

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    here as u can see
  • youseftalal

Tinkerer

i tried everything nothing helped until now 

• lingching07
    Red-Sand said:

Have you seen this?

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549449/recent-fps-stuttering-on-helio-300#latest
    Yes I have seen this but G9-593 seems to not have intel integrated gpu. Issue still occur randomly in game. Weird.
  • lingching07
    i tried everything nothing helped until now 

Hey youseftalal!
    I probably found out what exactly causes those random freezing in my G9-593.
    Not sure if this works for you but could give it a try.
    I disabled G-sync in nvidia control panel for both monitor setting and 3d setting, and then I ran 4 rounds of rainbow six siege(where I usually got 1 to 2 times of insane fps drop every round). Result is that the issue seems to be gone. I will keep playing for a few hours to further confirm the issue never occur again. 
  • youseftalal

Tinkerer

i tried the gsync thing nothing help hope someone from acer can help us because i am hatting this laptop at the time