Resetting Aspire S7-391 to factory settings

Options
MTonseth
MTonseth Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Aspire S7 came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. When Microsoft released Windows 10 and offered everyone to upgrade for free, I accepted. At the time, I wasn't aware that the S7 didn't support Win10, but it all went smoothly and worked just fine - right up until the latest update (1803). Then everything crashed, and it wouldn't even let me roll back to the previous version. So, here I am, stuck. The Microsoft help desk have been amazing - truly above and beyond - in their efforts to help me. However, even they seem unable to resolve the issue and are advising me to try going back to Win 8.1 again. Problem is, the computer wasn't delivered with any reset-tools. No optical media or links to any sort of downloads. So, what do I do? Is there any way to get back to square one? 

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, there will be internal partition for reset.try the below steps.
    1. Navigate to Settings. ...
    2. Select "Update & security"
    3. Click Recovery in the left pane. ...
    4. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
    5. Click "Remove everything,"
     by this you will loose everything from the unit like data,doc,pics etc. make sure you take the backup and then do the following steps.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • hanyasis
    hanyasis Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I too had purchased my Acer Aspire S7-391 with windows 8 and took the windows 10 upgrade.  I never wrote down the windows 10 key.  now my system crashed when and windows 10 update was trying to install and I can't even access the hidden partition to rebuild it.  Claims the boot disk is not there.  Now i'm trying to download the Windows tool to be able to rebuild my computer and that's not working either.  

Hellp!!!
  • SnakeDog116
    SnakeDog116 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Has anyone gotten Windows 10 to work on their aspire s7? I haven't been able to adjust the screen brightness for some time but recently the trackpad decided to stop working, why doesn't Acer provide windows 10 drivers?