Does the G9-593-71EH have an NVMe M.2 Port like some of the other G9-593 Models?

googlyeyes
googlyeyes Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a G9-593-71EH coming to me now and I'm reading around and it seems that people are stating there is no NVMe port for this model.  As it would seem they use most of the same components.  I would be confused why one of the more expensive models within this product line would be missing NVMe support.  I had planed to remove the current SSD drive/drives (2 are in raid 0?) and put a single powerful/larger NVMe drive in.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    googlyeyes 
    This model has two (Raid) 128GB SSD BOARD 128GB SATA 3 NGFF M.2 drives and one 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3 Hard Disk.
    Also, it supports M.2 2280 SATA Gen3x2  or  PCIe x4 Gen3 for SSD

Some of the officially listed 512GB SSD :
    Flash Disk SAMSUNG SSD NAND 512GB MZVPV512HDGL LF+HF PCIe NVMe (Part number : KN.2560B.022)
    Flash Disk SAMSUNG SSD NAND 512GB MZVPV512HDGL LF+HF PCIe NVMe (Part number : KN.5120B.030)
    Please create a USB recovery media before making any changes on your computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    googlyeyes 
    This model has two (Raid) 128GB SSD BOARD 128GB SATA 3 NGFF M.2 drives and one 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3 Hard Disk.
    Also, it supports M.2 2280 SATA Gen3x2  or  PCIe x4 Gen3 for SSD

Some of the officially listed 512GB SSD :
    Flash Disk SAMSUNG SSD NAND 512GB MZVPV512HDGL LF+HF PCIe NVMe (Part number : KN.2560B.022)
    Flash Disk SAMSUNG SSD NAND 512GB MZVPV512HDGL LF+HF PCIe NVMe (Part number : KN.5120B.030)
    Please create a USB recovery media before making any changes on your computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• You can check if it supports NVVM using aida64 or hwinfo64:

Open the compartment and check for two doors for ssd's! It seems to me that one of these ports supports nvme gen3x4! But ideally you confirm this with the above programs:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)