Creating partitions during formatting the pc

Options
labTech
labTech Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I accidentally merged my C drive and D drive in my acer helios 300 PH315-51 So, i had to format my whole pc as a new and since it doesnt support CD rom ...so i had to use the USB stick to load the windows setup.

But the problem that occured there was I wasnt able to load partition and since I was in a middle of the Windows setup( downloaded from Microsoft ), I had to continue forward..so, I went online and searched for a solution to the error and found a video( https://youtu.be/o4ilMAAk1Q8 ) wjere it uses conman prompt...but that deleted the other patitions also ...like the other partitions(like recover, push button reset) I have a 128gb SSD and 1tb HDD. 

So now what i want is to create the partitions exactly the way my laptop came with along with deatils like partition size, number of partitions, etc..

Please guide me with the step as im not really good with the computers

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Options
    labTech said:
    So now what i want is to create the partitions exactly the way my laptop came with along with deatils like partition size, number of partitions, etc..

Please guide me with the step as im not really good with the computers
    Unfortunately even if you created them, the recovery partition and such would not be restored back to how it was shipped from factory. So you would be better off creating ones how you like. Or using a factory restore USB to install windows that would get it back to how you purchased it.

If making manual ones, and since you mentioned you have a 128 GB SSD (only 128; anything more i would have recommended using 100-120 for windows), I would recommend using it all for your windows. To make this process simpler for you, remove all existing partitions from your 128 GB, leave them unallocated and let windows use the whole device. It will create system partitions as necessary.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045