My Acer monitor keeps turning itself on

TheHappyOne
TheHappyOne Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
When i turn my pc off my monitor turns back on later. I have a Acer Z27iT and it happens around 10 to 30 mins each time i turn it off. I'm thinking it could be a wire problem but i unplugged and plugged it back in reset my screen settings and still the same. i have had this monitor for about a year and this has only started happening in the last week or so. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    TheHappyOne 
    Do you just turn the monitor off or actually have the computer set to sleep?

Please try the below mentioned steps :  
    To prevent programs from waking your computer
    Open Power Options by clicking the Start button
    On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings for the plan that you want to change.
    On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
    On the Advanced settings tab, expand Sleep, expand Allow wake timers, choose Disable for both when your computer is running on battery and when it's plugged in, and then click OK.

>The graphics card (Display Adapter) is sending a signal to the monitor, causing it to "wake up ". I would suspect a program that is timed to perform a task.
    >Check for spyware. Try disabling Antivirus when it is not connected to the internet. It may be some sort of "update manager ", especially something that might be involved with the graphics or checking hardware.
    >Check in the device manager, look under 'Network Adapters', double click the adapter to bring up the 'Properties' page. Then under the 'Power Management' tab... make sure that "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" is not checked. Hopefully that's it.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TheHappyOne
    TheHappyOne Member Posts: 2 New User
    this happens after i turn my pc off. i turn my pc off and turn the screen off then the screen keeps turning itself back on all the time now
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    this happens after i turn my pc off. i turn my pc off and turn the screen off then the screen keeps turning itself back on all the time now
    Please perform a simple power reset. Power Off the monitor, disconnect the video and power cables, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, Reconnect the cables and check the monitor.
    If the issue persists, please contact Acer support in your region and check for option to resolve the issue.
    Acer UK: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact
    Acer Worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • NickALTMAN
    NickALTMAN Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the same issue and after trying all found on the forums there was no solution. At first my monitor was turning on by itself. Then after few months it did not want to start if I didn't plug it out of the socket.
    But I found the fix. I bought a new cable with the adapter and the monitor works as good as new. It is not even an original cable but a generic MS that can change Ampers and Volts. So I requested a new cable from the Acer servis here in Croatia cause that is what is broken.

I hope this helps for other that are expiriencing the same issue also.