Battery Charging Issue Aspire V3-574G

Okidave
Okidave Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Battery went down to plugged in 0% charging status, reset battery via pin hole on back, started to shutdown after reboot randomly when plugged in. Replaced battery with a new one, plugged it in the new battery charging fine until charge at about 80%, then went to 0% quickly and shut down. Now back to where I started, with new battery 0% charging plugged in. It does run fine plugged in, but if power removed shuts down. Could it be the power brick? Or, software Windows? Will try a Linux live USB to rule out software and reply.

Answers

• Okidave
    Correction new battery went down to 7% plugged in charging. Tried a live boot usb, same battery status. Reset battery via pin hole, reset bios to defaults, removed ACPI battery from device manager and restarted, still same. New battery was showing charging mA in aida64 when first installed, not showing now.
  • Okidave
    Bought a new charger, plugged in charging, showing 2hr 35 min to full charge, I thought this fixed the issue. After 1hr battery at 12% from 7%, then back to 12% plugged in charging, stuck at this for 4hrs so far, stopped showing time to full charge. Replaced battery, new charger, same issue. What next?
  • Does the battery led light go on? Have you checked whether the input on which you connect the charger to the notebook is fixed or loose? What version of bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Okidave
    Does the battery led light go on? Have you checked whether the input on which you connect the charger to the notebook is fixed or loose? What version of bios?
    Yes, battery led light is on color orange. Checked input when I changed battery, the whole connector is slightly loose, the connector is tight when plugged in, but it connects to motherboard via wires to a connector and laptop runs fine when plugged in. V3-574G BIOS v1.31, didn't update to v1.35 because the fix did not apply to my video card bios (different video card).
  • Okidave
    Okidave said:
    Does the battery led light go on? Have you checked whether the input on which you connect the charger to the notebook is fixed or loose? What version of bios?
    Yes, battery led light is on color orange. Checked input when I changed battery, the whole connector is slightly loose, the connector is tight when plugged in, but it connects to motherboard via wires to a connector and laptop runs fine when plugged in. V3-574G BIOS v1.31, didn't update to v1.35 because the fix did not apply to my video card bios (different video card).
    Forgot to add, even though battery is showing 12%, laptop will not start (lights do not even flash-dead) when power button is pushed while not plugged in.
  • Make sure resetting bios solves the problem by unplugging the rtc battery (remember to put the positive on the same side as it was previously)!

Enjoy to test every hardware! For example: leave only one ram module connected and then test only the other; then remove the hd and dvd to check if there is any problem hardware and you are discharging the battery quickly!
    You said you changed the power adapter, correct? Are they both the same model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Okidave
    Yes both power supply same model. Will try to replace the RTC battery with a new one, since it is over 3yrs old, will take a while 12-24hrs before I reply with the results. I hate having to taking the back cover off!
  • Okidave
    Is it a CR2032 battery?
  • This information you will see on the battery itself! It may not be necessary to change it; just remove it and reconnect it again to see if it solves the problem! But it is not a bad idea to change it in advance!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Okidave
    This information you will see on the battery itself! It may not be necessary to change it; just remove it and reconnect it again to see if it solves the problem! But it is not a bad idea to change it in advance!
    Thanks. Will try that. If that doesn't work the seller of the new battery has agreed to replace it under warranty. Looking on the box, the new battery had a QC Passed date of 2017-??-26, couldn't read the month (??) it was smeared. It sat in the box for approximately 1 year, and started at charging at 0%, possibly bad from total discharge. Will the laptop run using the A/C adapter with the battery removed?
  • These batteries usually come with 60% factory charge, because even when not in use, they will discharge! I recommend buying a new battery that has been manufactured in a maximum of six months, because when they are not used for a long time, they can reach 0% charge, which is not good for the battery!
    Usually notebooks will call yes when the battery is removed! You can try to connect it without problems, and it will work as a desktop, that is, if you lack power the notebook will shut down!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Okidave
    These batteries usually come with 60% factory charge, because even when not in use, they will discharge! I recommend buying a new battery that has been manufactured in a maximum of six months, because when they are not used for a long time, they can reach 0% charge, which is not good for the battery!
    Usually notebooks will call yes when the battery is removed! You can try to connect it without problems, and it will work as a desktop, that is, if you lack power the notebook will shut down!
    Thanks. Being in the Philippines it is luck to get anything of quality, at least they will replace it. I have a spare APC UPS I will use for the A/C adapter until new battery arrives, just to save programs and shutdown, if power lost.