HOW DO DISABLE INTEL INTEGRATED - MESSES WITH MY PROJECTOR

Pepperann
Pepperann Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Okay. So I bought the Helios predator for my classroom. When I try to connect it to the projector, it can not DUPLICATE but can only EXTEND. I found out that this is because both graphics (inel and nvidia) are being used for my laptop display and projector display.

How do I get rid of the Intel? I tried disabling it, but some Microsoft backup kicked in, still not letting me duplicate fully (it did let me duplicate, but it was bad resolution). I tried to make Nvidia the main gpu via their control manager, but that didn't do anything.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I need some backup!

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    A projector or an external monitor - both work the same way when connected to any computer. I have mine connected to an external monitor, and it works pretty fine in all four possible modes. It seems more like an issue with your software (windows in this case) than actual device.

Did you try connecting to any other external monitor to narrow down?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Id like to add that you should not disable your Intel GPU.

The Intel GPU acts as a kind of "server" which displays what your Nvidia GPU renders to your laptops screen.

Disabling Intels GPU will cause you to lose visual of laptop display.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

Still not working. 
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    I may have figured out the issue. My nvidia can NOT go to 1920x1080. So when I duplicate it it just doesn't do anything.

But... I tried lowering main display resolution to the native of nviidia, and still nothing.

For some reason, the nvidia card can't go to 1920x1080... WTF???

Having both intel card and nvidia card is confusing the ***** thing. It's reading as TWO primary displays (the display test puts a 1 on both screen via nvidia control panel).

Were the "engineers'" high when they built this thing?
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

I'm going to order a VGA to USB c and see if that works.
  • Red-Sand
    edited August 2018
    Its called Optimus.
    Where the Intel GPU governs the OS and basic applications freeing up the Nvidia GPU to govern heavy tasks such as gaming etc.
    This allows the Nvidia GPU to focus solely on games etc.
    Addition benefit is when your not gaming you just about double your battery life due to using intel GPU instead of nvidias.

Its probably my favorite part of the laptop.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Pepperann said:
    I may have figured out the issue. My nvidia can NOT go to 1920x1080. So when I duplicate it it just doesn't do anything.

But... I tried lowering main display resolution to the native of nviidia, and still nothing.

For some reason, the nvidia card can't go to 1920x1080... WTF???

Having both intel card and nvidia card is confusing the ***** thing. It's reading as TWO primary displays (the display test puts a 1 on both screen via nvidia control panel).

Were the "engineers'" high when they built this thing?
    I understand your frustration, but showing it out on a forum when people are trying to help will only reduce the number of people trying to help. Try to control your language please, and be courteous.

You mentioned you tried this with projector... did you try this with a monitor? I would recommend trying this out with a monitor connected (not projector). A photo would be nice too showing 1 on both for I never encountered this kind of case so far where it shows both displays as 1, no matter the mode of share.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    edited August 2018
    I also would like to see a screen shot.

You saying Nvidia control panel showing "1" for "both" screens doesnt make sense.

As far as I know the resolutions etc cannot be changed (via nvidia control panel)on a system that uses intel gpu via optimus for the built in screen.

Resolutions and screen priority are set via Intel GPU control panel for the laptop display (cntrl+alt+F12)
    And display for the hdmi out is controlled via nvidia gpu control panel.

Id like to add that if your Nvidia control panel cannot display higher then 1920x1080 on your projector then the projector isnt capable of reaching this resolution
    - Hotel Hero
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

I apologize for my language, but it is very frustrating nonetheless. Here is the screenshot for both primaries. I have not tried it on just another monitor, will try that when I get home.

The USB c adapter did not do anything.
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    When I plugged it into another monitor it duplicated fine.

So I guess it IS the projector. I can't just set the projector to a smaller resolution for duplicated?

Also, can only certain devices be used with USB c port (next to the hdmi port) was directly connected to the intel card. My thinking was if I get a vga to usb c then I could duplicate the screens, but it simply did not recognize it.
  • sri369
    edited August 2018
    USB C is strictly USB 3.1 and does not support display out in some models like G3-572. What is the model of your laptop.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

It's the projector. I'm using another projector right now and its easily duplicating.

My model number is helios 300

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Pepperann

Tinkerer

The problem is my projector in my classroom is placed. It's overhead and rather old, I doubt my district will update it.
  • sri369
    Pepperann said:
    It's the projector. I'm using another projector right now and its easily duplicating.

My model number is helios 300

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Mine is the same one - G3-572. In this one, USB Type C is purely a USB 3.1 port and does not support display out. But glad you could narrow down to the problem to close it out.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------