My US bought E5 575G 57D4 shutdown permanently in India. Reset didn't work.

Options
haretz
haretz Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I guess warranty is not applicable for me? Can I remove the sticker and void the warranty and send to local non-acer repair shop?

Feels like a bricked device. The laptop just shutdown. Battery was fine. None of the LED are glowing now. Pressed reset pin for 10seconds, waited 5mins and pressed power button for 1min but to no avail.

Best Answer

• VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    haretz said:
    I guess warranty is not applicable for me? Can I remove the sticker and void the warranty and send to local non-acer repair shop?

Feels like a bricked device. The laptop just shutdown. Battery was fine. None of the LED are glowing now. Pressed reset pin for 10seconds, waited 5mins and pressed power button for 1min but to no avail.
    Try removing the cmos battery for 1 minute. 

Also, while its out, might as well short the bloody thing too.  With foil make sure to make contact with both cmos contacts.  Do this for 30 seconds. 

GL as my E5-575g did the same thing after putting it into sleep mode lol, never eoke back up, 007 self destruct button lol

GL

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    haretz 

The International Traveler's Warranty (ITW) is included with the cost of all Acer branded notebooks, netbooks and tablets for one full year. The ITW covers genuine travelers outside their country of residence. A list of authorized ITW service centers can be found at our Global Acer Authorized ITW Service Locations.  More information regarding scope of the ITW, ITW limitations, and ITW frequently asked questions can be found at our Global Acer Travelers Warranty page.

If your device is not covered under warranty, you can send in the laptop for paid repair to any nearest Acer service center in India so that you get genuine parts for replacement provided by Acer.
    Acer India support network : http://www2.acer.co.in/support/support_network.asp#_ga=2.233787421.269069560.1534607222-257228031.1530570093
    Acer India support :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    haretz said:

Also, while its out, might as well short the bloody thing too.  With foil make sure to make contact with both cmos contacts.  Do this for 30 seconds. 

GL as my E5-575g did the same thing after putting it into sleep mode lol, never eoke back up, 007 self destruct button lol

GL

• haretz

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Options

VegasWhoa said:
    haretz said:

GL

That was my first thought. That and switching jumpers. In my model the CMOS battery is probably underneath the warranty sticker. The only thing I can tinker without breaking warranty is adding/removing RAM and HDD/SSD. There is also the interlock switch which I kept pressed and tried to start up but didn't work. Does the switch disable charging too? Most of the threads here suggest its that switch but keeping it on isn't working.

What did you do with the laptop after that lol
  • haretz

Tinkerer

Options
    Sharanji said:
    haretz 

The International Traveler's Warranty (ITW) is included with the cost of all Acer branded notebooks, netbooks and tablets for one full year. The ITW covers genuine travelers outside their country of residence. A list of authorized ITW service centers can be found at our Global Acer Authorized ITW Service Locations.  More information regarding scope of the ITW, ITW limitations, and ITW frequently asked questions can be found at our Global Acer Travelers Warranty page.

If your device is not covered under warranty, you can send in the laptop for paid repair to any nearest Acer service center in India so that you get genuine parts for replacement provided by Acer.
    Acer India support network : http://www2.acer.co.in/support/support_network.asp#_ga=2.233787421.269069560.1534607222-257228031.1530570093
    Acer India support :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Hi,
    I'll try going to an Acer authorised shop here. As I'm not an US citizen, I think IWT won't be applicable to me. Additionally, the model has never been sold in India so fingers crossed on the fix.