Disable Built in Battery

Options
Nizami
Nizami Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I want to know, how am I able to disable my built-in battery?

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nizami said:
    May I know why? This will only do more bad that good.
    Nizami said:
    If I play any high performed game, my battery goes to 20%, undervolt is already in use but still it is annoying. I used the Afterburner but i get sometimes laggs and game crashed, not sure that i combined with Predator Sense. I'll try it, thank you.
    Check other threads on here where I have explained how these laptops use power from battery as needed to compensate for shortfall in power supplied by power adapter vs power needed by your intensive games.

Your battery goes down since your game is pulling is more power than your 130 watts charger can supply (NA region has 180 watts charger) (this rig can pull in close to 200-210 watts under peak usage, though in bursts and not sustained).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Physically unplugging the battery from within the laptop.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Nizami
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    And disabling will not work?  
  • Nizami
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    I unplugged the built-in-battery and now I'm not able to use Predator Sense, cuz it wants 40% charged battery.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Nizami said:
    Red-Sand said:
    I unplugged the built-in-battery and now I'm not able to use Predator Sense, cuz it wants 40% charged battery.

Why do you want the battery unplugged?

You can use MSI Afterburner to overclock instead.

https://youtu.be/nYW7ROFx2Kk
    - Hotel Hero
  • Nizami
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Nizami said:
    Red-Sand said:

Why do you want the battery unplugged?

You can use MSI Afterburner to overclock instead.

https://youtu.be/nYW7ROFx2Kk
    If I play any high performed game, my battery goes to 20%, undervolt is already in use but still it is annoying. I used the Afterburner but i get sometimes laggs and game crashed, not sure that i combined with Predator Sense. I'll try it, thank you.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Nizami said:
    Nizami said:
    Check other threads on here where I have explained how these laptops use power from battery as needed to compensate for shortfall in power supplied by power adapter vs power needed by your intensive games.

Your battery goes down since your game is pulling is more power than your 130 watts charger can supply (NA region has 180 watts charger) (this rig can pull in close to 200-210 watts under peak usage, though in bursts and not sustained).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Nizami
    Options
    sri369 said:
    Nizami said:
    Nizami said:

I've tried to play with it and without, it is with better, you're right with the needed power.