Aspire V5 goes blue screen with the buzzing sound and files crashed/dumped error

Options
silver1
silver1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone,

My Aspire V5 laptop goes blue screen with the buzzing sound and prompts the files dumped or crashed. Before it seldom happened but now it usually happens every time I use my lap top. It happens every time I have my skype class so it has been a pain in the ***** since it's a great disruption. I just prress the power button to restart the computer when it happens. Your suggestion woulb be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Silver

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    [1] What is the full V5 model number? [2] What do you mean by "prompts the files dumped or crashed" mean? [3} What is the exact wording of the error? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Options
    silver1 
    What is the full model number of your laptop?

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
    Did this happen after a recent software or windows update?
    Which browser is being used to watch these videos?
    Are they online apps or browsers?
    Did you try multiple browsers like Chrome or Firefox?

For now please try these steps:
    Please reset the browser and check again. If you are using Google Chrome uninstall from Control Panel> Programs and Features it and reinstall it by downloading the latest version. 
    Try a different browser like Firefox and check if it gets resolved.

Also, perform these steps:
    Please uninstall and reinstall the display adapter driver and check the issue. Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.
    Expand Display adapters, Right-click on the graphics card entry and then click Uninstall device option. 
    When you get the following confirmation dialog, select Delete the driver software for this device check box and then click Uninstall button. Once the driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer once and let windows install the driver.

You can boot your computer in Safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started. Check if you will encounter the same issue while in Safe mode. You can choose whether to boot your computer from Settings or from the sign-in screen. To do this, refer to the steps below:  For your reference on how to boot into Safe mode, check this link.

You can also check the current BIOS version on your device and updating BIOS.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!