How to get rid of plugged in not charging on acer nitro 5

Bradt05
Bradt05 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So today I was talking to my friend on discord and I was laughing so hard i pounded my desk and all of a sudden my pc just died and restarted so im like ok then i see at the bottom it says 0% available  plugged in not charging and so when i took the plug out it instantly shuts down so i took a look and everything seemed fine so i popped the bottom back on and i reset the battery and nothing has worked plz help

Answers

• What is the model exact of notebook? If it's a515-51, check out this community: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535391/my-aspire-5-a515-51g-51mu-abruptly-shuts-down-on-battery-operation
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bradt05
    Its model number is N17C1 or its a AN515-51
  • Try to make a power reset as the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    Then go to the device manager and uninstall and delete the video driver and restart the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bradt05
    Ok so battery reset didnt work ima bout to uninstall and delete the video driver and we will see if it works
  • Eu cometi um erro! Você deve excluir o driver da bateria! Sorry!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bradt05
    Now that i have uninstalled my video drivers i can only run 20 fps and still plugged in no charging plz help!!!!!!
  • Bradt05
    Can i reinstall my driver some how?

• Bradt05
    Kk got it back
  • Bradt05
    Still having the problem :(
  • Did you uninstall and delete the battery driver? What is the bios version of notebok?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• habeeb1998
    habeeb1998 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I had the same problem but I didn't notice the problem when the laptop was connected to AC, I tried resetting the battery, uninstalling that Microsoft thing in device manager but nothing seemed to work, I saw tightening the screws was a solution, so i tightened all the screws slightly and it worked
  • ImAnon
    ImAnon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey guys im about to buy acer nitro AN-515. But i have heard that acer is selling at low price because it's hardware is of cheap quality. So im confused. So asking here what should i do? 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    ImAnon said:
    Hey guys im about to buy acer nitro AN-515. But i have heard that acer is selling at low price because it's hardware is of cheap quality. So im confused. So asking here what should i do? 
    The Nitro 5 is a budget gaming laptop. I'm not sure if "cheap" is an accurate descriptor. Is it the most powerful gaming laptop you can buy? Certainly not. Is it capable of playing every game out there at max/ultra settings? No. Does it have the most impressive hardware and the latest technology built-in? No.

If you're looking for a low to mid-range gaming laptop with decent hardware, average battery life, and an IPS display for an affordable price - that's where the Nitro 5 shines. At ~$600 it should be clear where this laptop falls in comparison. Look at other gaming laptops; the absolute cheapest ones starting around $500 and the most expensive options anywhere from $7,000-9,000. As you can see the Nitro 5 is at the lower end of this spectrum and that is where your expectations should reside as well.

• Jojolana
    Jojolana Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    My laptop is nitro an515-54, n18c3, i see at the bottom it says from 0 to 17 % available  plugged in not charging and so when i took the plug out it instantly shuts down so i took a look and everything seemed fine, i tried another charger and same problem , please help !!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    @Jojolana Have you tried putting some layers of electrical tape on this switch button?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jojolana
    Iam afraid to lose warranty if i open it
  • Jojolana
    Jojolana said:
    Iam afraid to lose warranty if i open it

• Opening the compartment does not violate the warranty. However, it is necessary if there is any warranty seal or any screws with any different color. You can also check with Acer technical support in Israel whether opening the ram compartment violates the warranty.
    With regard to electrical tape, I meant it here:
    Resultado de imagem para fita isolante
    You would only use a few layers of electrical tape just to press the switcher button down a little. You can also reset the battery:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jojolana
    You can look at my laptop picture up there, i could not find any reset button to battery...