Suddenly Shutdown Aspire A515-51G (Windows 10)

nasjasn
nasjasn Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi 

My Acer Aspire A515-51G (Windows 10) its sudden shutdown doesn't get any alerts or notification. am Opened Bios Window also getting the same error? Bios Version 1.21. the error started after changing my motherboard.  The laptop is still under warranty two times I went to  Acer store they are told its fixed. but it's not fixed because the shutdown dime is not calculated once its shutdown after 5 hours takes to shut down that's why they can't identify this issue.  Please Help Me. and give a relevant solution.

Answers

• There is a power switch here: 
    When the cover is undocked or the button depressed pad is worn, this button is disabled and turns off the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nasjasn
    Yes I tried this also but still facing same problem
  • Make sure your notebook is overheating! Download the hwinfo program!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nasjasn

Please check this everything fine 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    I'm guessing the battery in your notebook may be uncalibrated, which means it's a load capacity that doesn't match reality, as it shuts down suddenly after 5 hours of duration! How many percent does the notebook turn off?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nasjasn
    It happens charging mode also 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Make sure in the power options, the notebook is programmed to suspend or shut the video in five hours and never select!

In hibernate set zero:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nasjasn
    Alresdy set this/;
  • The next step is to uninstall and delete the battery driver and test:
    Does it always turn off exactly after five hours of operation?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nasjasn
    Ok let me check.
    Minimum 3 hours running after shutting down.
     some time after 4/5 hour running.

• nasjasn
     uninstalled and deleted the battery driver. but still facing the same issue  :'( 
  • Are there any drivers with device manager issues? Can you hit a photo?
    Use the driverbooster program to update the drivers and check if this solves the shutdown problem!
    Make sure the lower case screws are securely attached, as these laptops now have a system that prevents them from turning on when they are open!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nasjasn
    Driver Details 

ls
  • There is a driver not installed! Copy the idhardware from this device and paste it into google to verify what device it is! Hit a photo so I can see!
    Then click Update Driver! If windows does not find this driver, use the driverbooster to check and update only this driver!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hherglotz
    hherglotz Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2019
    I ran exactly into the same problem and managed to solve it. The reason was an overheating CPU, which resulted from lint in the cpu fan.

Here is how I solved it:

I started noticing random shutdowns of my computer, but only when the computer (Acer Aspirce V3-372-57CW) was running on battery. It would not happen if the computer was plugged into the power supply. This coincided with some recent updates I have done on my Windows 10 operating system, so I thought that the shutdowns were relating to that.

I read through a couple of posts on this forum that mentioned that either:

*) the BIOS was outdated,
    *) that power management settings would needed to be changed
    *) that reset buttons might be triggered falsely because of the chassis being worn down, and
    *) some potential overheating issue

First I ruled out point 3 and 4, because the shutdown would occur only when in battery mode and surely, the reset button would also be triggered when the power supply was plugged in and overheating would also occur if power supply was plugged in.

I checked the power settings and saw that CPU cooling was set to passive when running in battery mode, so I turned this on. After I did this, random shutdowns would still occur.

I called the Acer support line, they suggested to reset the battery state (which I did), which did not solve the problem. The said that the problem was most likely due to a weak battery, which I ruled out, because the shutdown would happen at random times and it seemed that was no correlation between the remaining power in the battery and the time the computer would shut down. They suggested to mail the device in to get the battery replaced, but I felt like I hadn't explored all possibities yet.

I was reluctant to immediately upgrade my BIOS, and since I had tried everything else, I also wanted to see about the overheating.

I downloaded speccy (a free program) and measured the CPU temperature and found out that it was at a staggering 85° C in idle mode. When I put my computer under load with a small program, they temperature would increase to 95°C. I googled and found that the maximum temperature that an Intel Core i5 would allow for was 100°, so I was only a couple of degrees short of that. I felt like I was on the right track.

I opened the chassis and saw that over the last couple of years a significant amount of lint had gathered near and under the cpu fan. I removed this lint and cleaned the fan with a brush and put everything back together.

I restarted my OS and reopened speccy to monitor the temperature, and it had dropped from 85° to 45°, und load it would go to 76°, which seemed to be in the normal range.

I unplugged the power supply and reran the load. There was no shutdown this time and since 1 hour, this hasn't occured anymore.

Strangely, you would expect the shutdown to happen both when the computer is running on power supply, as well as on battery. Which was not the case for me. Honestely, I cannot explain that. But fixing the problem - at least for me - was as easy as cleaning the intestines of my laptop after a couple of years.

I hope this information will help anybody who runs into the same problem.

cheers
  • It's great to see when users share their knowledge and how they solved their problems! The only one I suggest you do, is that you also change the thermal paste!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hherglotz
    hherglotz Member Posts: 4 New User
    Recently, the random shutdowns on my Acer Aspire V3-372-57CW started to reoccur and this time it didn't seem that they were related to blocked air ventilation.

I managed to solve the problem again and want to share in this forum:

The shutdowns occured exclusively when I was running on battery. Sometimes the shutdowns would appear immediately, sometimes after some time. This time, the CPU was not overheating.

I checked the battery life like explained in this article https://fossbytes.com/powercfg-check-battery-capacity-battery-health-report-windows-using-cmd/ and the battery was actually surprisingly good!

After living with the problem for a while (and really avoiding using the laptop without external power supply) I noticed, that it seemed the shutdowns were related to a certain movement of the laptop. If it was standing still, it would typically not shut down, but if I would pick it up holding the laptop at the sides, it seemed that the shutdowns would occure with a higher probability.

This lead me to the conclusion that a cable might be lose, so I took my screwdriver and opened it.

The cables all loked fine but a button caught my attention. Right beside the battery reset button there was another button (a push button) and on the outer part of the case, a corresponding rubber button. The rubber buttons duty is to push down the push button, as I learned after some research. This shall avoid that people are able to run the laptop while the case is open.

However, after some years it seems this rubber button was worn down or maybe the heat inside the case has made it shrink: It was no longer able to continuosly push down the push button, which would in turn create random shutdowns. Since the rubber button is attached to the outer piece of the case, movements of the case would sometimes trigger the loss of contact and therefor the shutdown.

I was able to fix the problem for good by putting a small piece of paper below the rubber button, elevating it a little bit and ensuring constant contact when the case is closed.

This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9rIo2Kj5YM helped me to pinpoint the problem and even if it is another laptop shown in the video, this was the same issue for mine.

I hope this information will help others.

Cheers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited November 2019
    @hherglotz Are you referring to the power interrupt button that is located here?

For other users who have the v3-372 model and who have the same problem, this video will help them open the notebook:https://youtu.be/ECrNC0AM8gU

egydiocoelho Trailblazer