Where on earth can you buy a 16gb Spin 5 (SP515-51GN-8884)?

Options
BobbyT
BobbyT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm not the first and likely won't be the last to ask this. But where can I get my hands on the 16gb variant of the Spin 5, model name: SP515-51GN-8884, in the US.

It's not available through the Acer store and the are no retailers listed for it either. I tried to send Acer an email directly through support but I can only do that with a serial number (ie it seems you can only email them directly when it's a warranty claim).

Cheers

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    BobbyT 
    This thread has already been forwarded to the concerned Acer Moderators. Kindly wait for them to take a look at this thread and respond.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Options
    BobbyT 
    Sorry to hear bout your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.
    You can contact Acer store even if you do not have the serial number of the device. At the Acer store, there is  2 options, an live chat option and a Sales contact number to call 1-800-910-2237.  Please type in your question as soon as you open the chatmake sure you do not click on needed Tech Support assistance etc.  Here's the weblink to chat with Acer store agent Chat with an Agent

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BobbyT
    BobbyT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    To answer my own question....no one at Acer seems to know when or where this laptop will be available. But it apparently will be available....sigh. When did manufacturers stop planning distribution of their products? This is madness.

Hey, Acer! Save yourself some server costs and just remove it from your website :/
  • ssullivan
    ssullivan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @Sharanji I don't think @BobbyT was looking for direct acer contact, he was simply pointing out that they were ineffective. It appears he was just asking if any other acer users had had luck purchasing it from a retailer in the  United states. 

It appears to be listed on acer's website now, but did you end up finding anyone else who sold it? I'm also looking for it, and the closest I have found is from some retailers on Amazon or the like who modify the 8gb version and add 16gb of RAM and additional SSD hard drive space.