Drivers

Options
JamesTempleton18
JamesTempleton18 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
When i download AMD adrenaline on my laptop and installs it, screen goes black after restarting. My machine is acer-made AMD hd 8670M, does it mean that its not compatible or what? Because i downloaded the automatic detect hardware from AMD's official site and it detected that AMD adrenaline is best for my device.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What is the full laptop model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK. I'd guess AMD's Adrenaline is for most garden-variety single-graphic configurations running Microsoft's generic versions of Win10, not necessarily for dual-graphic configurations running mfr-specific versions of Win10. So I think your earlier suggestion/question ---- >>>Does it mean that the amd(adrenaline) was having conflict with the Intel hd graphics?>>> ---- might not be far off the mark. While the adrenaline might work by replacing ACER's Win10 with Microsoft's generic version, other driver issues would likely arise. Thus if it were mine, I'd probably wait for an AMD driver to show up on the ACER site or if I was adventuresome I might even try to install the Win8.1 AMD driver in compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What is the full laptop model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JamesTempleton18
    Options
    Aspire E1-572G
  • JackE
    Options
    [1] What was the original factory-installed Windows version? [2] What's is the Windows version now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JamesTempleton18
    Options
    When i bought it, twas win 10 and same now.
  • JackE
    Options
    Is your machine still functional or not? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JamesTempleton18
    Options
    Its functional but i need the amd adrenaline to boost game performance. When i went to Acer driver website and inputted my model, intel hd family came. I installed it. Does it mean that the amd(adrenaline) was having conflict with the Intel hd graphics?
  • JackE
    Options
    But you said the screen was black after installing adrenaline and rebooting. Did the adrenaline installation automatically uninstall itself? I need more details on how the machine recovered from the black screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JamesTempleton18
    Options
    The machine never recovered. I went to advanced start-up and restored the system to a previous state where it worked. So the adrenaline was gone after the Restoration.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I went to advanced start-up>>>

How did you do this if the screen was black? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JamesTempleton18
    Options
    The black screen occurred after the windows logo screen. The welcome screen. I powered on and powered off the machine for sometime and it automatically directed me to advanced start-up
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK. I'd guess AMD's Adrenaline is for most garden-variety single-graphic configurations running Microsoft's generic versions of Win10, not necessarily for dual-graphic configurations running mfr-specific versions of Win10. So I think your earlier suggestion/question ---- >>>Does it mean that the amd(adrenaline) was having conflict with the Intel hd graphics?>>> ---- might not be far off the mark. While the adrenaline might work by replacing ACER's Win10 with Microsoft's generic version, other driver issues would likely arise. Thus if it were mine, I'd probably wait for an AMD driver to show up on the ACER site or if I was adventuresome I might even try to install the Win8.1 AMD driver in compatibility mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JamesTempleton18
    Options
    Thanks JackE =)=)=);)=);)B). You really helped me