G3-571 Has Regular Version of Windows 10 After Repair

Waddlesworth
Waddlesworth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
A few months ago i got my laptop back from repair and noticed that it doesn't have the acer version of windows installed. Meaning that i can't install predatorsense as it says my windows version isn't supported, is there a way for me to get this version of windows without having to have the laptop sent back in to repair? 

Answers

• If the technician who installed windows did not delete the Acer recovery partition, you can restore it!
    To do this, when you turn on the notebook press f2 and activate the d2drecovery function and press f10 to save on exit! Immediately press alt + f10 to get access to the recovery partition! A blue screen with several options will appear and choose to keep the personal files or by erasing the hard disk!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Waddlesworth
    If the technician who installed windows did not delete the Acer recovery partition, you can restore it!
    To do this, when you turn on the notebook press f2 and activate the d2drecovery function and press f10 to save on exit! Immediately press alt + f10 to get access to the recovery partition! A blue screen with several options will appear and choose to keep the personal files or by erasing the hard disk!
    Just tried this and getting the same issue sadly, i think it restores to what my laptop had after the repair instead of when i first got it
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Talk to acer support, explain the situation, and request for a factory restore USB.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Do you know which version of windows 10 is currently installed and which one you had previously?
    It seems that Acer's support provides a free usb recovery (I think that's the name) in the United States! Please contact support to find out if they can provide you with the image file via usb!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Its not a huge deal since Windows 1803 update basically does this to everyones laptop anyway. 

The core components for Acers OS drivers are the Intel AHCI, Intel chipset, Intel VGA and Realtek drivers.
    (Downloaded from Acer's driver download page)

If you install those component drivers your system will behave like the manufacturers OS.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    Do you know which version of windows 10 is currently installed and which one you had previously?
    It seems that Acer's support provides a free usb recovery (I think that's the name) in the United States! Please contact support to find out if they can provide you with the image file via usb!
    In the states this drive is called eRecovery and it costs roughly 40$ USD.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Had a user of this forum said he received a pendrive with erecovery for free, because the notebook was still under warranty! I know that the United States acer sells these erecovery, but it can ask technical support if there is a possibility of receiving erecovery!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Red-Sand
    Had a user of this forum said he received a pendrive with erecovery for free, because the notebook was still under warranty! I know that the United States acer sells these erecovery, but it can ask technical support if there is a possibility of receiving erecovery!
    Well! Ive purchased two so far (Helios 300 & Pred 17) and they were both under warranty lol.
    Perhaps Ill inquire about my Helios 500 recovery drive 😁
    - Hotel Hero
  • Waddlesworth
    Red-Sand said:
    Its not a huge deal since Windows 1803 update basically does this to everyones laptop anyway. 

The core components for Acers OS drivers are the Intel AHCI, Intel chipset, Intel VGA and Realtek drivers.

If you install those component drivers your system will behave like the manufacturers OS.
    Tried installing these but i still get the same error when trying to install predator sense saying this computer is not supported
  • sri369
    Update the registry entry as below. If not there, create it.

folder --------- HKLM --> SOFTWARE --> WOW6432Node --> OEM --> PredatorSense
    entry ---------- Model_Name_1st --> predator g3-572

or
    create a batch file with the entry below:
    @echo off
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\OEM\PredatorSense" /v "Model_Name_1st" /t REG_SZ /d "predator g3-572" /f
    pause

and run it as administrator. This should help.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    edited August 2018
    Try installing Predator Sense after installing Acers Turbo Boost drivers and running the installer in windows compatibility mode for windows 8.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    - Hotel Hero
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Red-Sand said:

That's what I wanted to hear since the starting of this year. I had installed Windows 10 Pro but then reverted back to Home using Windows 10 Home ISO. Many people in the forum told me that many acer provided software like Predator Sense won't work but they worked like before. This sentence now makes me believe that my OS is nearly the stock one.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • sri369
    edited August 2018
    XdxD said:
    That's what I wanted to hear since the starting of this year. I had installed Windows 10 Pro but then reverted back to Home using Windows 10 Home ISO. Many people in the forum told me that many acer provided software like Predator Sense won't work but they worked like before. This sentence now makes me believe that my OS is nearly the stock one.
    1803 broke Predator Sense... as in, it has the GPU always on turbo mode, and doesn't care about the mode selected in Predator Sense. This applies to both Acer stock upgraded as well a clean non acer install of 1803 version.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    sri369 said:
    XdxD said:
    1803 broke Predator Sense... as in, it has the GPU always on turbo mode, and doesn't care about the mode selected in Predator Sense. This applies to both Acer stock upgraded as well a clean non acer install of 1803 version.

Are you sure, sri369? I mean, I don't think it happend necessarily to all predator sense softwares after the update to 1803, maybe I'm one of the fews lucky guys that did not have this issue after the 1083 update!

• What is the version of your predator sense installed on windows 10 1803? Can you post the download link to your notebook model?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    What is the version of your predator sense installed on windows 10 1803? Can you post the download link to your notebook model?

All right, my laptop is a Predator helios 300 G3-572 and the Predator Sense software installed is the one that came out of the box:
    (actually it's the only available on Acer driver page for my laptop model), and it's the version 2.01.3005