Microphone suddenly stops working

Minh_Dang
Minh_Dang Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey guys, how are you doing?

I just got a new Acer Nitro 5 and I have this really weird problem. When I first got the laptop, the microphone does not receive my voice, however, I manage to download the latest driver from Realtek and got it to work. And this been going on like this since then, until yesterday even though I tried to update the driver it still did not work again. So I reset the laptop to factory setting and reinstall all the drivers, and I somehow got it to work.  But this afternoon, when I turned it on and plug in my headphone to play game with my friends and it has been stopped working since then. I tried to search for the solution but I have yet found an answer for this really weird problem that I am having right now. In my opinion, I think that it is not the driver fault.

So I just wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions or have solved this problem would kindly help me. Thank you so much for your time.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Minh_Dang 
    >>>Try using the Troubleshooter
    Go to Settings, Head over to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Find Recording Audio, and click Run the troubleshooter
    Follow further on-screen instructions. Restart your computer

>>>Go to Control panel, Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound click Manage Audio Devices. Click the Recording tab.
    Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your microphone. Click on the relevant device to highlight it, The list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and look for green bars rising while you talk. Double-click on the device from the list. The Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levelstab. Drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number ’100′ is displayed beside it.

>>> If still microphone is not working, follow these steps to use the Troubleshooting tool:
    In Windows, search for and open Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording, then click Next when the Recording Audio window opens. Click Next in the Recording Audio window.
    Select the device you would like to troubleshoot, click Next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
    If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

>>>If issue persists try the below mentioned steps :
    >Re-enable the microphone in privacy settings to allow apps to use the microphone, it is not muted.
    >Disable Audio Enhancements , Recording devices > Enhancements tab > Disable all sound effects
    >Reset Windows Audio service, Go to Search, type services.msc, and open Services.
    Find the Windows Audio service.If this service is not enabled, right-click it, and select Start. If it’s enabled, right-click it and select Restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Minh_Dang
    Minh_Dang Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey Sharanji,

Thank you for your help.