Does Aspire A315-51-5393 variant support NVME and is the RAM upgradeable?

haschim07
haschim07 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have the aspire 3 A315-51-5393 variant, the hdd is quite slow i wanted to ask if the motherboard supports NVME or M.2 SSDs? and if the RAM is upgradeable as i saw from another post the ram is soldered but not for the 5393 variant, it is written that the maximum memory for  RAM is 12Gb. Can anyone clarify please?

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    No NVMe support for this model, you have to use a M.2 SATA SSD, you have 4GB on-board memory, you can upgrade up to 12 GB using a 8GB DDR4  2133MHz module.

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    No NVMe support for this model, you have to use a M.2 SATA SSD, you have 4GB on-board memory, you can upgrade up to 12 GB using a 8GB DDR4  2133MHz module.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

• AceFan
    AceFan Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    yeah, many of the Acers have 2 RAM slots. I soldered and one upgradeable.

For the M.2 upgrade. You can only upgrade with M.2 SATA. But don't let that disappoint you. Yes NVME is faster. For most operations there is little or no difference between M.2 SATA vs M.2 NVME. When there is a difference it usually isn't noticeable.

However, there is a HUGE difference in performance when you run Windows and programs going from an HDD to any M.2.
  • haschim07
    Hi,

Does it support the 2400MHz tho?
  • haschim07
    AceFan said:

For the M.2 upgrade. You can only upgrade with M.2 SATA. But don't let that disappoint you. Yes NVME is faster. For most operations there is little or no difference between M.2 SATA vs M.2 NVME. When there is a difference it usually isn't noticeable.

However, there is a HUGE difference in performance when you run Windows and programs going from an HDD to any M.2.
    Dumb question but is the RAM 260 Pin ?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    haschim07 said:
    Hi,

Does it support the 2400MHz tho?
    Hi,
    It supports only up to 2133MHz according to the service manual.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    haschim07 said:
    AceFan said:

Dumb question but is the RAM 260 Pin ?
    Yes, DDR4 modules have 260 Pin.
  • haschim07
    Hi,

I saw another post where it said NVME is compatible if version is 3.0 with 4x link width, can you confirm that theory? and why does it write current link width 'not negotiated' ? 

• brummyfan2
    haschim07 said:
    Hi,

I saw another post where it said NVME is compatible if version is 3.0 with 4x link width, can you confirm that theory? and why does it write current link width 'not negotiated' ? 

Unfortunately HWiNFO doesn't provide enough information regarding NVMe support, maximum link width indication works for older models like E series, F series and few other models only.
  • haschim07
    haschim07 said:
    Hi,

Unfortunately HWiNFO doesn't provide enough information regarding NVMe support, maximum link width indication works for older models like E series, F series and few other models only.
    I think i should give it a try if it works.