switch 7 stylus pen button does not work.

Options
haidra
haidra Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Usually, It works other pen tablets "right click". But It didn't work on switch7.
I tried on surface pro 1, and that did work on it.
I think... This is problem of software.
Is threre any plans of wacom driver update?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    haidra

Some Acer products support using an Active Stylus to increase touch precision and utilize features like pressure sensitive drawing. Please refer to the table below to see the part numbers of the active stylus supported on your product:

Note: The part number of each stylus is listed in the top row of the table below. Example: The stylus made by N-trig has the part number NP.STY1A.001.

ModelStylus support
    N-trig
    NP.STY1A.001
    Primax
    NP.STY1A.002
    Elan
    NP.STY1A.005
    Elan
    NP.STY1A.006
    Elan
    NC.23811.046
    Elan
    NP.STY1A.009
    Wacom
    NP.STY1A.010
    Wacom
    NC.23811.05A
    D651N-------Yes
    NP515-51-----Yes--
    R7-371T-Yes------
    R7-372T--YesYes----
    R7-572Yes-------
    R751T*--------
    R751TN------Yes-
    SA5-271--YesYes----
    SA5-271P--YesYes----
    SP111-31*--------
    SP111-31N----YesYes--
    SP111-32N-----Yes--
    SP513-51*--------
    SP513-52N-----Yes--
    SP515-51GN-----Yes--
    SP515-51N-----Yes--
    SW5-011*--------
    SW5-012*--------
    SW5-014--YesYes----
    SW5-014P--YesYes----
    SW5-015-Yes------
    SW5-111-Yes------
    SW5-171-Yes------
    SW5-171P-Yes------
    SW5-173--YesYes----
    SW5-173P--YesYes----
    SW5-271-Yes------
    SW7-272--YesYes----
    SW312-31-----Yes--
    SW312-31P-----Yes--
    SW512-52-----Yes--
    SW512-52P-----Yes--
    TMB118-RN----YesYes--

* Does not support Active Stylus

SOURCE: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• haidra
    Options
    my divice is sw713-51gn
    no entry in that.
  • Balatekie
    Options
    haidra said:
    my divice is sw713-51gn
    no entry in that.
    Hi, 
    You laptop model Acer Switch 7 SW713-51GNP has native pen support and the compatible stylus is "Wacom Stylus Pen CP-903-06B-2".

Are you using this same compatible stylus pen? If so, did you buy it separately or did it come along with unit? 

• haidra
    Options
    ya, come along with unit. In SW713-51GN
  • Balatekie
    Options
    haidra said:
    ya, come along with unit. In SW713-51GN
    Hello, 
    I request you to please call Acer Technical Support https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ in your region for fixing this stylus issue. 

• haidra
    Options
    I tryed many times to solve with my region acer center.
    (South Korea) 
    many times phone called.
    but they can't fix this...
    just they say me "wait"

who can fix this?? 
    switch7 is not a complete product?
    care of acer is disappointing.

• NeedsLoomis
    NeedsLoomis Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I just got the Switch 7 Black Edition, and my pen button also doesnt work.  I've tried removing any related drivers I could find and having them reinstall.  I've also tried using every possible wacom driver, including the feel, but none of them recognized the device (this is advertised as using wacom EMR...yet no drivers work and there is no configuration tool provided by acer?!!?).
  • NeedsLoomis
    Options
    Update, I also tried the switch 7 stylus on a Samsung device using the same EMR technology, and the button worked just fine, so Im assuming this is a software issue as well.

Acer customer service believes that the issue is an incompatible stylus, which is odd, given that Im using the one that came with my device and fits in the slot.  Ill be watching here to see if there are any updates while waiting for the new stylus to come in.

I cant seem to find any other responsive switch 7 BE users on the planet, so I cant tell if this is a universal problem that should be elevated to the engineers, or if its just us two...
  • NeedsLoomis
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So, after some digging, I discovered two things.  There are no registry entries for any of the WISP options, nor is there any wacom service or software.  They are all missing; the driver is a pure generic Microsoft HID pen driver, with no apparent modifications from Acer.  This seems odd, as from what I can tell, every other manufacturer (using the same tech) either provides drivers, or allows the installation of Wacom feel drivers.

I also figured out a work around that is good enough for photoshop at the moment.  You can actually bind the side button using the popular RadialMenu software.  It's not ideal, but it works.  I believe this means the OS is receiving the input and recognizing it as the barrel button on the stylus, but it's not bound to anything by default...which also insinuates the problem is on Acers end.

My current suspicion, is that Acer simply never shipped this device with a pen driver.  Is there anyone out there with this tablet that actually has a working button?