Boot priority order is emptySwift sf314-54

Premachidi
Premachidi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
hello sir, madam. I bought Swift sf314-54 this week. I went to boot it but boot priority order was empty. Help me. thank you

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Premachidi

I understand that Boot Priority Order in BIOS seems to be empty. In order to fix this, I recommended to do BIOS default. To do that; 
    1. Hold the power-button for 5 seconds to power off the device.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.
    3. Press F9 and then ENTER to load the default configuration. Press F10 to save your changes, and restart the system. Select Yes and press ENTER to confirm.
    Computer will reboot. Later please go in to BIOS and check the Boot Priority Order. Please share the result. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Premachidi
    Premachidi Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks sir(Balatekie) leaved your comment  I did that but nothing change. when I contacted acer support center. they had replied and I did everything but nothing so I am tired, anyone can help please this acer swift3 sf314-54-35cy latest version
    Hello. This is Acer Service Center.

The SF314-54 model you inquired for does not support LEGACY MODE but only UEFI MODE.
    Therefore USB can work properly only when you manufacture it in UEFI mode.

Please click link below and find "Download Tools Now"
    And then if you click select USB, it is automatically produced in UEFI

Please contact 1644-2225 for further questions.
    Thank you.

Acer Korea
    T. 1644-2225
    www.acer.co.kr

• CEAK
    CEAK Member Posts: 8 New User
    I also have no Boot priority order and the No Bootable Device when I switch on. 

How would I get it to even look at the USB when I switch the laptop on?

You say I need UEFI mode USB  How do I find out what type the ones I have bought online (to be sure they work) are that?  These are what I bought:
    https://www.softwarerepairworld.com/products/acer-recovery-usb-for-windows-10-home-and-professional-32-64-bit  

3 USBs 1. PC Repair 2. Drivers 3. Windows 10   Which one should I use?  I am trying to get the data off the hard drive, I do not want to wipe it off in the process. 
  • kterah
    kterah Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello.
    Did you get to resolve this issue? Am having the same problem.

Thanks
    TK
  • Ellerush
    Ellerush Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am facing the same problem empty boot priority order. I tried F9 it doesn't work. Please fix the issue
  • pyromania05
    pyromania05 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Same problem Windows crushed down After when i want to restart I seen "No Bootlable Device" Also in the bios there is no Ssd No USB No legacy No Uefi Nothing!! I tried so many methods but doesn't work. Please help me 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    @pyromania05 what model do you have? Unless you have exactly the same model as the original post you should start your own thread so we can deal with your issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pyromania05
    pyromania05 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    @pyromania05 what model do you have? Unless you have exactly the same model as the original post you should start your own thread so we can deal with your issue.
    My model is Swift SF114-32
  • alex1996
    alex1996 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tell me, did you solve this problem?
  • billsey
    @alex1996, what machine do you have? If it's not the SF314-54 of the original poster you likely have a different issue. You should start a new thread and ask your question. Be sure and include the full model number, exactly what you are seeing and what you have tried so far. Normally if the system finds the correct EFI partition it shows only Windows Boot Manager on that BIOS screen. You don't say why you are even looking...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SandaluPabasara
    SandaluPabasara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Try changing the boot option to "Legacy", instead of UEFI. (BIOS will warn about UEFI recommendation, don't worry it will be fine)
    Tested on ACER E5-576-37GO.
     =)=)=)  
  • billsey
    @SandaluPabasara changing to Legacy will break a normal Windows installation and require both a full reinstall of the operating system and converting the drive from the current GPT to the old MBR. Legacy is really only used for operating systems from the Windows 7 and earlier era, not for any current ones. Normally in a UEFI system the only entry in the boot order is Windows Boot Manager. You use the F12 boot menu to choose which device in WBM you want to boot from.
  • BernardoMR
    BernardoMR Member Posts: 1 New User

So, did anyone find a solution, my boot priority is empty, I can't change to legacy, I've tried so many things and nothing

• billsey

Boot Priority should only show Windows Boot Manager or Grub (if on a Linux system). You use the F12 Boot Menu to choose alternate boot devices, and that has to be enabled in the BIOS.