Keyboard not working..

Leostefan9912
Leostefan9912 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
So i just bought a new Acer predator G3 572 and i noticed that some keys like b,v,space,down are not working. After i restart the laptop using the battery pin on the back of the laptop everything works fine FOR like 10 minutes and then some keys just shut down. I ve already reinstalled the keyboard drivers and no change. I am running win 10 pro . Some help please?

Answers

• Uninstall and delete the keyboard driver and launch manager in the device manager and restart! See if the problem remains!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Uninstall and delete the keyboard driver and launch manager in the device manager and restart! See if the problem remains!
    I ve done that already still the same it only works FOR some minutes after i restart it by pressing the battery pin Button on the back. Now i SEE that the problem apears in the BIOS too i can t use down,left and right buttons. I thought it was a hardware problem but then Why does it works after the restart only? 
  • Check the bios by pressing f2 when turning on the notebook, if there is a functionkeybehavor option and switch to special key or vice versa!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Check the bios by pressing f2 when turning on the notebook, if there is a functionkeybehavor option and switch to special key or vice versa!
    There is no such option in the BIOS what can i do?
  • Does the problem persist when the power adapter is turned on?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Does the problem persist when the power adapter is turned on?
    Yes!
  • Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Anything else i can do?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Are there any drivers with device manager problem? This may be a problem with the keyboard's ribbon cable or the cable may be undocked!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Are there any drivers with device manager problem? This may be a problem with the keyboard's ribbon cable or the cable may be undocked!

No, all the drivers are up to date and working just fine and if it s a cable problem how is it that always works when i restart the notebook But only FOR some minutes ..
  • Try it out: plug in an external USB keyboard and see if those keys also stop working!
    What version of windows installed? Is it 1803?
    However it is strange because it also does not work on bios!
    But try this if the problem persists: you can try to do a system restore by pressing the alt + f10 keys when restarting your computer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Should i also try reinstalling the Windows ?
  • Try reinstalling the windows to the factory version with the alt + f10 command for the notebook to access the recovery partition!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Some friends told me that this is a BIOS problem but i don t know i ll try to restore the system or reinstall the Windows if it doesn t work i ll send it back i still have warranty i bought the notebook today didn t expect such problems so early
  • What is the bios version of your notebook? Check this by entering cmd as administrator and enter the following command wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

What is the bios version of your notebook? Check this by entering cmd as administrator and enter the following command wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
    V 1.14
  • Try to restore windows and then try upgrading bios to version 1.19, even though this might not be a problem with bios!
    Based on what information, did your friends say that this could be a problem in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Look! There really is a fix for keyboard backlight on bios 1.19!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

So should i Download BIOS update from Acer site ? And then do what or just that ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2018
    Try to restore windows first! I do not know if this version of bios will fix this problem! Does your keyboard turn on the backlight normally?
    You can if you want, try to update! However, be aware that it is a risky procedure, but if it is done taking care of it, there will be no problems! You should leave the notebook with the battery charged and plugged into an electrical outlet! Disconnect all peripherals from the usb ports and twist to ensure there is no power loss!
    Just be aware that there is no other way to solve the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostefan9912

Tinkerer

Or how do i update my BIOS