Swift 3 SF315-52G touchpad freezes after sleep mode

zsomborsz
zsomborsz Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So, I just got my Swift 3 SF315-52G-50CD yesterday, and I’m almost perfectly satisfied, my only complain is with the touchpad. One of the problems is that I can’t use the multitouch gestures in Win 10. But the bigger problem is that after the notebook goes into sleep mode, my touchpad stops working, I can’t wake the system up with it, and even if I use a mouse or the keyboard to get back to Windows, the touchpad still not responding until I restart the system. I have the latest drivers from the Acer website. My BIOS version is 1.04, but it doesn’t have a touchpad “advance” option. Do you have any suggestions or should I take it back to the store?

Best Answer

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    zsomborsz, 

Please go to BIOS setting, check whether the Touchpad is in Advanced mode, if it shows Basic mode, switch to Advanced mode. Then go to Device manager, right click HID I2C device, click update the driver and see whether it fixes the error code problem. if the touchpad stops working press and hold the  Fn key and tap the F7 to get it to work.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• zsomborsz

Tinkerer

Balatekie said:
    Hi @zsomborsz

Please go to BIOS setting, check whether the Touchpad is in Advanced mode, if it shows Basic mode, switch to Advanced mode. Then go to Device manager, right click HID I2C device, click update the driver and see whether it fixes the error code problem. if the touchpad stops working press and hold the  Fn key and tap the F7 to get it to work.

Balatekie said:
    Hi @zsomborsz

Well thank you for the reply, but that’s exactly the problem, I have no touchpad basic/advanced option in BIOS, so I can’t change it. Any other idea?
  • zsomborsz

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Downloading the latest drivers from this website and update it manually solved the problem! 
  • kovika98
    kovika98 Member Posts: 1 New User
    zsomborsz said:
    Downloading the latest drivers from this website and update it manually solved the problem! 
    Hey, I have exactly the same problem as you with no success of solving it. I also tried the page you posted a link to, but I can't find any drivers, just that I should download them from the manufacturer's site. Could you be more specific about the location of the downloadable drivers from the elan site?
  • petrusz
    petrusz Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I need this driver too, but I cannot find any downloadable driver on the emc site. Where could I download it?
    Elantech touchpad driver is corrupt on the official Acer site (Touchpad_ELANTECH_13.6.10.2_W10x64_A.zip): file size is very small, and it doesn't contain any executable file.
  • petrusz
    petrusz Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I think this issue is the same as "Acer Swift 3 SF315-52 ELANTECH touchpad driver is corrupt on the official Acer site". But I didn't find any driver on that website. Touchpad freezing occurs too.