CB515-1HT - Is anyone able to run Cirrix Client for remote desktop connectivity?

Options
tmcburney
tmcburney Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, my company uses a Citrix receiver to enable remote connectivity for working from home.  My CB515-1HT Chomebook does not seem to launch or execute the .ica file for the Citrix receiver when I attempt to connect. Other, non-Acer chromebook users at work are able to connect fine, so it appears to be an issue with the citrix client on my Acer.  Has anyone had success getting .ica files to launch / execute / behave properly on these Acer chromebooks?  Thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did you get your Citrix Receiver from the Chrome Web Store or are you trying to side load it from an image your IT department provided?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Brucie1962
    Brucie1962 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I have successfully accessed my employers Citrix remote desktop with my Chromebook CB515-1HT. Dont't bother with the ica file. As Billsey says, go to the Google Play store and download an app from there. There is more than one but I have been successful with one called Citrix Workspace