Acer Aspire 3 A315-31

claytonsililo
claytonsililo Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone, I recently bought an Acer Aspire 3 A315-31 laptop after abit of tinkering with it I have run into a few problems. I have been looking for the jumpers on my laptop for a while but have failed to locate them. Can someone with a similar laptop help me find where they are on my motherboard.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    claytonsililo 
    What exactly are you trying to do with your laptop?
    What jumpers are you trying to locate?
  • claytonsililo
    Hello, sorry for the late reply. I was hoping to could clear the greyed out options/set passwords in my bios. I can seem to access any of the options. That is why I asked for the jumpers location on my laptop. I hope you can help me with my current problem.
  • Did you forget the bios password or something?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • claytonsililo
      Hello, I do know my passwords. The problem is I want to install Linux but I can't because my bios is greyed out. So, I want to try if shorting the jumpers will reset my bios. Hopefully it will work.
  • claytonsililo

Hello, thanks for the feedback. I will try it now & is that a scissors placed on the cmos battery?

• It's just tweezers! I think you can take it out with your fingers!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • claytonsililo
     This is what my motherboard looks like.

• claytonsililo
     For how long the battery be out?
  • Just for a few seconds!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• claytonsililo
    egydiocoelho
    A mensagem é alta e clara. Vou me certificar de promovê-lo por toda a ajuda que você me deu.

• Thank you my friend!  :):)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• claytonsililo

Olá como vai você? Não, não funcionou. Todas as opções ainda são cinza, continuarão tentando.

• Do you speak Portuguese or are you using google translator? Have these options always been blocked? Or were they blocked after a bios update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• claytonsililo
    egydiocoelho
      Eu não falo português, achei mais conveniente falar com você na sua língua nativa. Sim, estou usando o google translate. As opções foram muito bem até que fiz uma atualização do BIOS de 1.09 para 1.12.
    I'm English speaking by nature.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,027 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• claytonsililo
      Unfortunately, I already updated to 1.26 before asking the question. Nothing has changed.
  • Can you send a photo of the options that are gray in this bios template?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• claytonsililo
    egydiocoelho

All options are grey.
  • Which bios version worked with all unlocked functions? Can you inform me?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• claytonsililo
    edited October 2018

1.09 worked with all the options. I'm using 1.09, how do I downgrade to 1.09?
This discussion has been closed.