Predator G3-710 Motherboard "pin" info

Xhale
Xhale Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello guys
I've been assigned the fabulous task of moving the "guts" from this PC from the stock chassis to a new one for better cooling etc. (ran quite hot here in the summer)
Moving the stuff and connecting most of it was pretty easy, but I need 4 more connectors, specifically the pins for "PWR Switch; PWR Reset; HDD + & -" But I cant find any manual on how to put these in the correct order, and looking in the old chassis for clues on the wires got me no where. Support told me only the repair shops had manuals for stuff like this, ad advised me to turn my eyes on this forum. So here I am. A picture of the motherboard is below with a circle around the pins I need information about. 

Best Answer

• Street
    Street Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hi All,

I know this is old but no one ever provided a solution. I’ve just finished fiddling around with it and got it working so I thought I would reply with the layout.

Working right to left top row:
    2 pins HDD LED next 2 pins RESET SW
    Working right to left bottom row:
    2 pins POWER LED + then - next 2 pins POWER SW

Hopefully this helps the next person googling & looking for answers.

Answers

• This information is not very accurate! But maybe it will help you find the correct cable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xhale
    This information is not very accurate! But maybe it will help you find the correct cable:

Thanks for the indo, but already found that and tried to make it work from that picture. But no luck
  • There is the name ledh2 (power turbo) underneath! It seems to me that there is a name written on the right side of the false pine!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Xhale
    There is the name ledh2 (power turbo) underneath! It seems to me that there is a name written on the right side of the false pine!
    The only thing that's written are some random numbers C0405 etc.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Likely the best way is to trace out the wires connected to the header. They should all go to the front and should be paired up for the various functions. The header is marked as Turbo Button and LED, so likely two of the pairs match that. I wouldn't be surprised if the LED connections are a bit more complex, but the Turbo Button is just going to be a pair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Take a look at this video in the 3:10 minute! The marking of the cables is very clear! The green and white cable is on top while the blue and white cable is underneath! I think it's that doubt you have!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Kog4xmUUs&t=292s

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LiquidCommunism
    LiquidCommunism Member Posts: 12 New User
    edited August 2018
    May I ask what motherboard it is for the Acer Predator G3-710? or The one in the picture
  • @LiquidCommunismSOPHIAB MB_B150_USB3.0_WIN10_HDMI_DP

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LiquidCommunism
    LiquidCommunism Member Posts: 12 New User
    @LiquidCommunismSOPHIAB MB_B150_USB3.0_WIN10_HDMI_DP
    Thanks
  • Devz502
    Devz502 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Have we found the Pin Selection diagram for this motherboard yet??
  • Not yet! But if you know of another model that uses the same motherboard, I can check this by downloading the service guide!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Street
    Street Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hi All,

I know this is old but no one ever provided a solution. I’ve just finished fiddling around with it and got it working so I thought I would reply with the layout.

Working right to left top row:
    2 pins HDD LED next 2 pins RESET SW
    Working right to left bottom row:
    2 pins POWER LED + then - next 2 pins POWER SW

Hopefully this helps the next person googling & looking for answers.
  • Arrotect
    Arrotect Member Posts: 2 New User
    This information is not very accurate! But maybe it will help you find the correct cable:

Hi there, sorry to necro, but can I have the link to the full service guide? I've tried searching online but no dice. Thank you!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The service guide isn't publicly available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.