AN515-52 (Nitro 5) Touchpad won't work on "advanced" after clean Windows 10 install

Options
Xiomaro
Xiomaro Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my new laptop to properly remove all the bloatware. I used the official Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's site. Everything seems to be working flawlessly except for one thing: the touchpad.

I tried downloading the Synaptics drivers for it from Acer's website - installed them; nothing. When I go into Device Manager it does say this, though: https://i.imgur.com/QcWSh7X.png

I can get the touchpad working if I change it to "basic" mode in the BIOS but I'd really rather get the two-finger swipes working.

Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please go to Device manager, find out the driver version for synaptics HID device and post. I f you want to upgrade the driver for I2C HID device, you have to go to it's properties and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Xiomaro
    Options
    Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, it's not even showing up :(

• Xiomaro
    Options
    Just an update on this because I managed to fix it.

Reinstalled Windows 10 with the touchpad set to "basic" in the BIOS. I installed all the updates that were needed and then I switched back to "advanced" after doing all of that. I'm not sure if that's exactly what fixed it but it's working now.
  • brij25
    brij25 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @Xiomaro
    Did the problem of ubuntu installation get solved ?
    Even I am facing the same issue, as soon as ubuntu setup comes, touchpad stops working. I did changed from advanced to basic , nothing happened.Can you help.
  • ayush6968
    ayush6968 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    bro download driver easy and let it scan your system.after scanning a driver named I2C HID will show up. download it and restart your computer
  • Kartik
    Kartik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ayush6968 said:
    bro download driver easy and let it scan your system.after scanning a driver named I2C HID will show up. download it and restart your computer

Hey bro thanks it works 😊 😊 😊