Just purchased. No power

Hollen
Hollen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey I tried resetting the battery using the pin. Doesn't seem to be working. When I plug in the cord it doesn't even light up anything. Any ideas? Solutions? Things to check?

Answers

• Hollen
    Want to give my history of what I been doing to get this resolved. First I contacted Acer and was told the charger needs to be replaced. They would overnight it to me. Here I am 2 days later with no charger. I spoke with Acer support again today, they said it will be 2 more business days to ship out.  Then 3-8 days after it ships. This was not acceptable to me as the computer never turned on and I'm out of over $1,000. I contact Amazon and they call Acer for me. Now I am suppose to get the charger tomorrow. If I do not get it or it does not fix the problem. Amazon is offering to send me out a brand new one the next day.

Will update this as I go. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @Hollen >>>Amazon is offering to send me out a brand new one the next day.>>>

Don't wait for anything. Take up Amazon's offer ASAP for a brand new one. Do it right now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hollen
    So yesterday I spoke with Acer again. Nothing has been shipped out. I did not receive anything. They sent me to a level 2 tech. He said he didn't think it would fix the issue and that it would take awhile for me to get a working laptop. I was ***** but understand how the process for Acer works. Now Amazon is sending me a new one the next day. However, somehow the package was in NJ (I live in NJ) and was shipped to Kentucky. The shipping address for ups UPS is correct. What the actual F is going on. Can something work correctly? Can someone do their job correct? What a nightmare... Meanwhile I'm still out the cash with no working laptop
  • I would not waste time and opt for the exchange of another brand or an identical model, but that is working!
    What model of notebook do you buy? Sorry for my English!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @Hollen >>>What the actual F is going on. >>>

The moon just entered its waxing crescent phase.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ