Since yesterday my screen went black, 1 third of the screen is black

What I have tried ?
-remove all graphic drivers and reinstalled
- change screen resolution
- remove screen drivers and reinstalled
- format the hard drive and reinstall windows 10 from scratch
- battery reset...

Even the BIOS screen is like that

Anyone had this issue and how it was fixed ?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    crisnelyn 
    >>First, please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.
    Check with External display.

>>Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop's HDMI port and see what the display is like.
    If it displays OK then you either have a faulty video cable, a faulty video cable connection at either end motherboard or screen, or a faulty LCD screen.
    If it displays the same as the laptop's screen, then you either have a GPU problem most probably CPU as they are integrated or a motherboard problem.
    Check in BIOS page.

>>Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds to turn your computer completely off. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS. Let me tell you one thing that BIOS has no link with Operating System.
    So, if you notice that one third of the screen is still appearing black while you entered the BIOS, it means the problem is related to the hardware. If you see the screen correctly, it shows that it is a software issue.

If the device is in warranty, please contact Acer support in your region and they will help you fix the issue under warranty.
    Acer Israel : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IL/content/service-contact
    Acer Worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • crisnelyn
    crisnelyn Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have tried all what you said, the screen stayed black. I am now using an external monitor, it is working fine.

I am disappointed about the lifespan of this screen, this laptop was so expensive and the screen already died