acer Aspire 5 A515-51-38KX electric shock problem

faysal71
faysal71 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
hello, 
last week I bought a acer Aspire 5 A515-51-38KX corei3 laptop. when I plug in charge n work I feel light electric shock on the side panel of laptop where the steelness steel hv. its totally uncomfortable, hv any soloution for this. I put my charger from a multiplug

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    faysal71 
    This happens because of the difference in the electric charges between you and your device. As you said that your laptop was connected to the charger when you faced the issue, the laptop might not be connected to the grounded outlet.

They are not vibrations. They are micro electro shocks. They are harmless (not enough current to electrocute you). The metal (aluminum) body is under electrical tension while charging, generally due to a faulty grounding circuit or cable, which is a very common situation in most buildings, and the electricity discharges through your body.

In some cases, this can be harmful for the internal (minute) components of your laptop in a long run, but once in a while, the laptops can bear such inductions.
    To avoid this in future, you can follow the below approaches:
    >>Check if there is proper grounding done to the power outlets in your home and work place, and always connect your laptop to a grounded outlet.
    >>You can place an anti static floor mat at your work place and home.
    >>In case of improper grounding, before touching any internal components of the laptop, touch any metal object with your hand. This will ground you, hence neutralizing any static charge that your body may have gained.

You can also contact Acer support in your region and report the issue.
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    faysal71 
    This happens because of the difference in the electric charges between you and your device. As you said that your laptop was connected to the charger when you faced the issue, the laptop might not be connected to the grounded outlet.

They are not vibrations. They are micro electro shocks. They are harmless (not enough current to electrocute you). The metal (aluminum) body is under electrical tension while charging, generally due to a faulty grounding circuit or cable, which is a very common situation in most buildings, and the electricity discharges through your body.

In some cases, this can be harmful for the internal (minute) components of your laptop in a long run, but once in a while, the laptops can bear such inductions.
    To avoid this in future, you can follow the below approaches:
    >>Check if there is proper grounding done to the power outlets in your home and work place, and always connect your laptop to a grounded outlet.
    >>You can place an anti static floor mat at your work place and home.
    >>In case of improper grounding, before touching any internal components of the laptop, touch any metal object with your hand. This will ground you, hence neutralizing any static charge that your body may have gained.

You can also contact Acer support in your region and report the issue.
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
  • faysal71
    faysal71 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

id k why this happen but its totally uncomfortable, sometimes when feel current on hand its really so disgusting n hilorious
  • puskar
    puskar Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am also facing same problem on my new laptop acer aspire 5 what to do it can be repaired or not
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    @puskar
    Please contact Acer support. they might help you in fixing it. But make sure since you get electric shock send the charger along with the unit for repair and dont use the laptop. Just keep the laptop shutdown
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/