Acer - aspire E5 - 573g- 52g3 - Wont turn on

Options
km_km
km_km Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

I have this acer  laptop for 2 years and all of a sudden it is not working. Blue LED is on. Once I press the power button, I hear the harddrive trying to spin for 1 sec and stops. That's all. The screen is black and nothing in there. 

has anyone ran into this issue ? 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try to make a simple power reset! To do this disconnect the notebook from the electrical outlet and turn it on! Find a hole with a battery symbol and press it for five seconds! Then leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Was my comment seriously deleted? LoL
  • km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried the pin hole reset. It didnt work. I noted that the battery charge LED is blue but the power indicator LED is OFF. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you test with another power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    power adapter is good. 19.4v output. battery is bad as it not holding charge.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure that swapping the slot ram solves the problem or try using another one on your computer to see if this could be a problem with ram!
    Did you try to update the bios of the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    The power indicator is not ON. Does that mean something wrong with the power cirucit of the laptop ? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You may not have understood what I said about resetting the battery! Many users had this problem and it was resolved with the information contained in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    Reseat the battery as the video

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried that and its not working. how do i check the internal power circuit ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you try to update the bios before presenting the problem? Did you find out if disconnecting the battery the problem remains? Enjoy to reset the bios by unplugging the rtc battery from the motherboard!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    let me try.
  • km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    tried this and didn't work. I still believe the internal power circuit is the issue. hope you can shed some light to identify the issue
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Before you manifest the problem, have you tried to update the bios of the motherboard? What was done before the problem appeared?
    Ideally you should now disconnect the motherboard's lithium battery (not rtc) and with the keyboard connected, press the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate any trace of static power!
    Next is go testing the hardwares like ram memory, hd, dvd! If you have any spare hd, try plugging it into the notebook to see if the current one is in trouble!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options

I didn't do any update manually. I have enabled auto updates. there is no DVD drive.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When the notebook turns on but no picture appears, it is usually a problem with bios or ram! Ideally, you should check first whether the rams memories are in trouble or not, changing them from slot and go testing one at a time!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options

I will try that. Since its not even powering up ( no power led, no fan spinning, no harddrive read, etc), I thought it might be power circuit issue.

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    I replaced a new RAM and still is not working. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the status of the processor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• km_km

Tinkerer

Options
    how do i do that ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Did you check if the processor is working properly? Checked is the thermal paste status of the processor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer