Sometimes mouse cursor disappears (E5-576G)

Options
Jazee
Jazee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Getting some weird display issues.  Sometimes the mouse arrow disappears and I have to put the laptop into sleep then wake it and all is fine.  It's not that the touchpad stops working, it works fine but you can't see the cursor (I can see different items get highlighted as I move the invisible cursor around.)  So NO, the FN-F7 method of disabling and enabling the touchpad that most replies on the Internet about this issue instruct does NOT work.

Another weird thing just happened today where some of the dialog headers from selecting function in Photoshop (CS6) and I believe another program didn't get hidden so they remained on the screen no matter what program I was using.  This is a 3-week old computer that I have not made any major changes to drivers, etc.

I don't think it's the synaptics driver, seems more like a display related issue.  Could be related to the other problem I reported that the screen sometimes doesn't come on during wake from sleep and you have to sleep it again.  Sometimes it takes a while and the fan comes on like the CPU is under load.

Answers