I have a Liquid Zest Plus model number T08 (Dual SIM) phone.
I attempted to manually install a newer build of Android for my Liquid Zest Plus by downloading version Acer.AV0M0.T08.1.015.00.WW.GEN1S from this Acer support webpage, and following the SD Upgrade SOP:
However, I didn't notice that I was downloading a WW_GEN1S build. I don't remember for sure, but I think my phone might have actually been a WW_GEN1 device. I'm not sure exactly what the differences might have been between WW_GEN1 and WW_GEN1S, but I suspect it might have something to do with single-SIM versis dual-SIM.
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a link on the support webpage for any WW variants of the phone other than WW_GEN1S.
Anyway, I followed all this up with a factory reset, so that I could start over with a fresh device. But now, I noticed the following symptoms:
1) The New User setup wizard does not run after rebooting from the factory reset.
2) The phone does not recognize my SIM card (the card works fine in several other phones).
3) I cannot access Settings by pulling down the notification bar, and the Home navigation button doesn't do anything. I think this is related to the fact that (1) went wrong.
4) If I go to Settings through the App Drawer, under About Phone, I see that the Baseband version is "Unknown".
5) And under IMEI information, there is only one entry (this is a Dual-SIM phone), showing and IMEI number of "Unknown".
Is the phone permanently broken? Are there steps I can take to bring it back to life? If I did download the wrong build (eg. Single-SIM versus Dual-SIM versions), is there somewhere I can look for the correct official OS for my phone, that might bring the Baseband and IMEI numbers back to life?
Thanks for any help that might be offered.