[Graphics Driver Update] Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series. Any Ideas?

Options

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @chemicalboy

Ok.  You have to wait for Windows to automatically install the correct driver.  This can take an hour or so if you have a slow internet connection.  You can also go to settings and check Windows Update.  Windows should automatically install the driver you need.  
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FelGate
    FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    @chemicalboy Sorry for the late response. I'm bit busy with schooling. But unfortunately this thread is not applicable for your Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R3RF device or rather for all entire A315-41 Series. Since Your laptop doesn't Have a discrete AMD Radeon 535 Graphics. Am I right? The driver provided here is optimize for those devices with both Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics and Discrete Radeon 535 Graphics. For you to fix your Graphics just download the OEM driver provided by Acer and Clean install it. For the update of your graphics, I will post the driver here for you, so that you can use it. For the mean time, just use the  OEM driver first. Thank you and Sorry if this thread didn't helped you at all.
  • chemicalboy
    chemicalboy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    FelGate said:
    @chemicalboy Sorry for the late response. I'm bit busy with schooling. But unfortunately this thread is not applicable for your Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R3RF device or rather for all entire A315-41 Series. Since Your laptop doesn't Have a discrete AMD Radeon 535 Graphics. Am I right? The driver provided here is optimize for those devices with both Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics and Discrete Radeon 535 Graphics. For you to fix your Graphics just download the OEM driver provided by Acer and Clean install it. For the update of your graphics, I will post the driver here for you, so that you can use it. For the mean time, just use the  OEM driver first. Thank you and Sorry if this thread didn't helped you at all.
    Thanks!! But the driver that provide acer didnt work. Always black screen. I tried your drivers, took it but black screen. I think its the same driver. Windows update fails to install the latest update
  • JordanB
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @chemicalboy

Do you want to try a utility to uninstall your graphics driver?

After you uninstall, then try the Acer OEM driver from Acer website.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Note:  You should backup your important personal files and create a system restore point before attempting above...just in case something goes wrong.  Proceed at own risk.
  • chemicalboy

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi JordanB
    Finally i downloaded the iso of win 10 1083. Installed and the iso brings the correct drivers.
    I will test it.
    Thanks for the support

PD: can i download from amd the latest drivers of the vga? How can i find it?
  • JordanB
    Options
    Hi JordanB
    Finally i downloaded the iso of win 10 1083. Installed and the iso brings the correct drivers.
    I will test it.
    Thanks for the support

I'm not sure.  Sorry.   If it's working ok, it might be best to just leave it.  :)
  • FelGate
    Options
    Hi JordanB
    I will test it.
    Thanks for the support

Hello there mate. Fresh install is a good idea but downloading the latest drivers from AMD won't absolutely fix your problem. Since manufacturers like Acer, HP, Lenovo and others use OEM hardwares which only means that drivers can only be obtained through them. Unlike Toshiba and other Japanese brand laptops they don't use OEM based hardwares. Instead, they use AMD/Intel Generic hardware which from time to time the hardware manufacturer (AMD/Intel) can update them as fast as their update and development goes. Unlike us. How unfortunate are we? We are using OEM based hardwares.
  • FelGate
    Options
  • chemicalboy

Tinkerer

Options
    FelGate said:
    Yes but that drivers didnt work, but i intalled in a old installation of win 10. I will test it in the new 1083. The other problem is that driver is very old, 1
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>The other problem is that driver is very old>>>

Very old should not be an issue. The question is whether or not it works with the original factory-installed ACER-flavored Win 10. That's all that matters. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>The other problem is that driver is very old>>>

Very old should not be an issue. The question is whether or not it works with the original factory-installed ACER-flavored Win 10. That's all that matters. Jack E/NJ
    Yeah, That's right sir. The drivers provided by Acer is old and it's still not updated by them. It's sad that we are still stuck with AMD Radeon Crimson OEM Software and not getting the AMD Radeon Adrenaline Software with lot of performance gains and features. While my other laptops with certain brands using stock AMD APU Processors (not AMD APU OEM Processors) can always get every driver update released by AMD. It's not just Acer that has this problem. Every other OEM brands seldom updates their drivers. So, it's a pain in the head to think about.
  • berkedit
    berkedit Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello,
    i bought this laptop and i installed all drivers. i had no problems right now(black screen, green screen vs.) Should I do what you write above? Do i any trouble in game?

• JackE
    Options
    berkedit>>>i had no problems right now>>>

You have no problems? Then do nothing. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    Options
    I can't try it though since I'm using Windows Server. So, try it out guys and tell me if AMD's generic driver works.
  • sonkite225
    sonkite225 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    have tried ryzen 7 version... works :) 
    many thanks :)
  • koalasakti
    koalasakti Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    for your problem number 2
    You can try compatibility mode to win8 to Fix the glitch on full screen video,
    Just hit r-click your shortcut ( chrome, mpc-hc, etc ) go into compatibility tab, than change to win8.

its work forme with A315-41 R3 2200u
  • HectorDj1998
    HectorDj1998 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Muy Buenos DIas Tengo Un Mismo Portatil Acer Con Radeon 535 Series y Amd Vega De Ryzen 5, La cuestion  realize los pasos para evitar el problema de la pantalla que me sale puntos verdes y lo mismo me sale cuando lo conecto al Hdmi, yo trabajo con un programa llamado Virtual DJ al ejecutar genera el problema de salir esas lineas feas y al momento de meterme al administrador de tareas las dos tarjetas graficas trabajan al tiempo y no se como solucionar ese problema necesito ayuda amigo :D, Ademas la radeon 535 tiene 2 gb de video dedicada que encajarian perfecto al moemento de tramitir con el programa los videos de alta resolucion que manejo para que no se me cuelge el portatil.
  • HectorDj1998
    HectorDj1998 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Escribe tu comentario
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>las dos tarjetas graficas trabajan al tiempo y no se como solucionar ese problema necesito ayuda amigo>>>
    >>>the two graphics cards work at the same time and I don't know how to solve that problem>>>

Cambie a DeviceManager cuando esté en VirtualDJ. Haga clic en la carpeta 'mostrar'. Deshabilite el adaptador que no desea ejecutar. Jack E/NJ

Switch to DeviceManager when in VirtualDJ. Click 'display' folder. Disable the adapter you don't want running. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ