[Graphics Driver Update] Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series. Any Ideas?

Options

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good luck whatever you decide. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    @JackE Thank you for helping me when I'm away..
  • FelGate
    Options
    @Jorenslight annoying yellowish tint? In what applications does it occur? Can you provide any screenshots mate? Did you successfully installed the driver I provided?
  • Joren
    Joren Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    FelGate said:
    @Jorenslight annoying yellowish tint? In what applications does it occur? Can you provide any screenshots mate? Did you successfully installed the driver I provided?
    Hello, @FelGate. The display of my laptop is just really weird since all whites in the displays are supposed to have a pure white color (especially when browsing your files, the majority of the screen is white) Yet in my laptop, the yellowish tinge can be perceived and it somehow washes out the fonts or the dark/black colors.

It somehow affects so much of my time when it comes to photo editing since I need colors to be purely reproduced.

Unfortunately, I can't actually provide some screenshot for now since the camera of my phone goes into Auto-White Balance (that eliminates the slight yellowish tint automatically). I've already checked all other possible things that might have affected the display (i.e. night light turned off, updating graphic drivers, etc.) but none of them resolves the case.

A best summary would be this: If I could view a plain white photo, it is not reproduced on my laptop's display as something pure white. It's like dirty white with something eye-harsh very slight yellowish tint.

I've already asked the vendor before the 7-day replacement period expired about the problem. They told me that it's a normal display for the Aspire A315-41G series. When I tried to convince them to replace it with another, they could not accept my request since it is not considered a hidden defect. Now I'm just actually left saddened because of the display. Everything else but the display of my laptop is really fine.
  • Joren

Tinkerer

Options
    @FelGate, it does not trigger from any applications, the problem is really the display itself. 😢
  • JackE
    Options
    What happens to the yellowish tint when a pure white image is HDMIed out to a TV screen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Joren I see. Now that makes sense. Well, I have a question for you. I know that our laptops differs from the country it has been sold and as you have said that your LCD is TN and not IPS technology. Also, Radeon Settings differ in every technology your laptop has that others don't. Can you check your Radeon Settings? and go to Display tab. Does it only show AMD FreeSync, Virtual Super Resolution, GPU Scaling, Scaling Mode and Vari-Bright? Or does it have any that is not from the list I've given?
    If your Display tab has Color Temperature Settings that is the cause of the problem. If not. Maybe, you have messed up with the Windows Color Settings itself or if it still not then there should be a problem or rather there is really a problem.
  • FelGate
    Options
    @Joren I have the same model as you have.
    Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R4BW

• Joren

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    What happens to the yellowish tint when a pure white image is HDMIed out to a TV screen? Jack E/NJ
    I haven't tried it year, @JackE since we don't have any HDMI cable right now at home. :o
  • FelGate
    Options
    @Joren as what @JackE said, you should try to connect your laptop with other external display monitors. If the color being displayed is the same with the color in your laptop (the yellowish tint). Then the problem is in your Windows Display Color Settings. You should try to Calibrate your display or if you have that Color Temperature settings in your Radeon Settings, then that is the problem. You just can turn it off.
  • Joren

Tinkerer

edited November 2018
    Options
    FelGate said:
    @Joren I see. Now that makes sense. Well, I have a question for you. I know that our laptops differs from the country it has been sold and as you have said that your LCD is TN and not IPS technology. Also, Radeon Settings differ in every technology your laptop has that others don't. Can you check your Radeon Settings? and go to Display tab. Does it only show AMD FreeSync, Virtual Super Resolution, GPU Scaling, Scaling Mode and Vari-Bright? Or does it have any that is not from the list I've given?
    If your Display tab has Color Temperature Settings that is the cause of the problem. If not. Maybe, you have messed up with the Windows Color Settings itself or if it still not then there should be a problem or rather there is really a problem.
    Yes the display settings you've mention exist in the Radeon Settings. I did assure myself that all the display settings in it are at default (and I would reset it to bring it back to default settings whenever I adjust the specific values).

Strangely, I just discovered lately that adjusting the Radeon Settings' brightness (to -30 in my case) somehow eliminates the harsh yellowish tinge by around 80% and preserves/reproduces the color even better. The downside of it though is that the dark parts of the display go darker but I kinda appreciate it since I could not really make Windows Color Calibration permanent as an alternative (as it refreshes every reboot.)

Perhaps it is really because of the TN display. Hopefully I could have my display changed in the near future.
  • FelGate
    Options
    @Joren That is great mate. Atleast, you have discover something that could help your problem a little bit.
  • Joren

Tinkerer

Options
    FelGate said:
    @Joren That is great mate. Atleast, you have discover something that could help your problem a little bit.
    Yes. Thank you a lot for the support! I never expected your replies to be received from less than a day to as fast as just for few minutes. This has been a worthy investment. Thanks to you, @FelGate and @JackE.
  • FelGate
    Options
    @Joren You are very welcome. Have a great day.
  • chemicalboy
    chemicalboy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, i have an acer aspire 3 a315-41-r3rf with video driver problem. I installed an m2 ssd, fresh windows 10 in the ssd. The problem is when i install the vga drivers i get black screen. I follow this guide but when the notebook restarts get black screen too. This made me mad. And my mistake is that i delete all the files in the hdd that came with the notebook. The only method to use my notebook is with the windows generic driver for the vga.
  • chemicalboy

Tinkerer

Options
    In the first place in installed that driver. Black screen. With the driver in the post too. I dont know what to do
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @chemicalboy

You can try turning off your computer by pressing and holding the power button.  And then turn on your computer.....and tap ALT+F10 to get in to recovery options.  You can choose 'safe mode" and then uninstall the problem driver in "safe mode".

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • chemicalboy

Tinkerer

Options
    JordanB said:
    @chemicalboy

You can try turning off your computer by pressing and holding the power button.  And then turn on your computer.....and tap ALT+F10 to get in to recovery options.  You can choose 'safe mode" and then uninstall the problem driver in "safe mode".

yes jordan i did that, but i have to use the default windows vga driver. That is the only option for not get black screen
  • JackE
    Options
    chemicalboy>>>>That is the only option for not get black screen >>>

What's the problem then if you've at least got a screen with the plain vanilla VGA? After that, you can Install the ACER driver. What am I missing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ