[Graphics Driver Update] Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series. Any Ideas?

FelGate
FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I know a lot of people is suffering with this kind of suffering I also suffer. :cold_sweat:
Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series powered by AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with both AMD Radeon RX Vega Series and the Discrete AMD Radeon 53X Series modified and added by Acer has Graphic driver issues.
1. Windows sometimes or maybe all the times gets a bluescreen due to the graphic driver issues provided (graphic driver) by Acer itself.
2. Whenever people do fullscreen tasks, movies, or games. Screen changes from a colorful view to an annoying blue or yellow visual pollution. :disappointed:
3. Whenever people do fullscreen/maximize applications, eg. AutoCAD and other softwares. The screen freezes, not just the screen but also the application freezes and resulting a graphics driver/hardware to halt/error and/or bluescreen.
4. Due to Microsoft's (fault) and Windows itself. From build Windows 10 Build 1709/1803, AMD Radeon Settings process spams like crazy, multiplying itself relentlessly by executing itself so on and so forth, and ate all the Memory(RAM) and the HDD usage of the entire laptop like there's no tomorrow. Which result to an annoying lags/hangs/freezes. (This problem can appear when you use Restart, You can Fix this using "shutdown.exe" commands and not using Restart button provided on the start power options.)
5. Lastly, Acer, Please Kindly Update your Graphic Drivers for these Aspire 3 Ryzen Mobile Series. Since customers using these Laptops cannot update (our) drivers using the updated drivers provided by AMD (amd.com) itself. Since, AMD provide drivers only for graphic cards/chips. Which, You(Acer) provides not only the Graphic Driver update but also the OEM hardware updates.

Thank you so much and please consider our creed.

Best Regards,
Felgate

#Screenshot provided are the proof of the difference between AMD provided drivers and Acer OEM drivers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    [1] What driver version number are you using now? [2] Is a rollback option available in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    JackE said:
    [1] What driver version number are you using now? [2] Is a rollback option available in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ
    The driver I'm using right now is the Driver provided by acer which is AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7. It's the only driver that can be used with these laptop series. Since we cannot use the AMD Radeon Adrenaline updated drivers provided AMD due to it lacks OEM drivers which Acer can only provide. As shown on the screenshot provided.
  • JackE
    Is it driver version 17.40.3601.1004 ? The reason I ask is because that is probably not the driver that your machine shipped with. So, again, do you have a rollback option available? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    JackE said:
    Is it driver version 17.40.3601.1004 ? The reason I ask is because that is probably not the driver that your machine shipped with. So, again, do you have a rollback option available? Jack E/NJ
    Yes, it is the driver provided by acer, that is shipped with the product. But in everyone's case. People with these laptop series cannot update to the graphic drivers that can be downloaded on AMD website (Radeon Adrenaline Software). We can only use the drivers provided by Acer. Since only Acer can make drivers for AMD GPIO, AMD I2C, AMD PSP and AMD SMBus as they modified these their own way. [There is no rollback option, Since, the one that is installed in my laptop is the OEM Driver provided by Acer. It's the only driver, everyone can install with these series of laptop. People with this laptop cannot install latest drivers provided by AMD. (If you want to know what I'm explaining here, If ever, You can buy an Aspire A315-41G series with Radeon 53X Graphics. You will really know the problem that Acer has been created.)]
    The reason I am opening this thread is to make Acer know that their provided driver fails. And if there's any news or update when their new drivers be released to the public to fix this problem.
  • FelGate
    JackE said:
    I, myself already tried so many times of doing Fresh Installing Windows and installed updated AMD drivers but no luck, tried using Windows Update to look up for drivers while it is Freshly installed Windows but no drivers found sir. The only driver that can be installed is the OEM driver provided by Acer. Because if you try to update your drivers. The Integrated Radeon RX Vega won't work and fail, together with Acer's Modified AMD Radeon 53X. I'll try to install the updated driver provided by AMD and make a screenshot of the Status and difference between Acer OEM driver and when you try to update your Graphic driver to the latest driver AMD can provide, so that you will see the problem that Acer provided.
  • JackE
    >>> Due to Microsoft's (fault) and Windows itself. >>>

OK. You already know the cause. Be patient. ACER will probably try to fix the mess the Win10 updates have created. Takes time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AJCastro
    AJCastro Member Posts: 1 New User
    FelGate said:
    I know a lot of people is suffering with this kind of suffering I also suffer. :cold_sweat:
    Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series powered by AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with both AMD Radeon RX Vega Series and the Discrete AMD Radeon 53X Series modified and added by Acer has Graphic driver issues.
    1. Windows sometimes or maybe all the times gets a bluescreen due to the graphic driver issues provided (graphic driver) by Acer itself.
    2. Whenever people do fullscreen tasks, movies, or games. Screen changes from a colorful view to an annoying blue or yellow visual pollution. :disappointed:
    3. Whenever people do fullscreen/maximize applications, eg. AutoCAD and other softwares. The screen freezes, not just the screen but also the application freezes and resulting a graphics driver/hardware to halt/error and/or bluescreen.
    4. Due to Microsoft's (fault) and Windows itself. From build Windows 10 Build 1709/1803, AMD Radeon Settings process spams like crazy, multiplying itself relentlessly by executing itself so on and so forth, and ate all the Memory(RAM) and the HDD usage of the entire laptop like there's no tomorrow. Which result to an annoying lags/hangs/freezes. (This problem can appear when you use Restart, You can Fix this using "shutdown.exe" commands and not using Restart button provided on the start power options.)
    5. Lastly, Acer, Please Kindly Update your Graphic Drivers for these Aspire 3 Ryzen Mobile Series. Since customers using these Laptops cannot update (our) drivers using the updated drivers provided by AMD (amd.com) itself. Since, AMD provide drivers only for graphic cards/chips. Which, You(Acer) provides not only the Graphic Driver update but also the OEM hardware updates.

Best Regards,
    Felgate

I also having the same problem about my screen and it just shut down, no blue screen or anything. every time i play league of legends my unit does this and the fullscreen of movies and other games specially my VLC player. Is there a new update on this?
  • DarrellCayas
    DarrellCayas Member Posts: 1 New User
    UP with this issue. I'm also suffering on this graphic driver issue, hopping acer will solve this as soon as possible. :anguished:
  • FelGate
    AJCastro said:
    FelGate said:

Best Regards,
    Felgate

I also having the same problem about my screen and it just shut down, no blue screen or anything. every time i play league of legends my unit does this and the fullscreen of movies and other games specially my VLC player. Is there a new update on this?
    UP with this issue. I'm also suffering on this graphic driver issue, hopping acer will solve this as soon as possible. :anguished:
    To all my beloved fellow Acer A315-41/41G with AMD Ryzen™ Processor users.
    For this kind of problem. I somehow fixed the graphic card issues around 25% of the current issue by using another driver.
    Note: This somehow still just fell inside the Radeon Settings 17.7. You can update it and it is compatible for those Who have AMD Vega Graphics with Radeon 535 Graphics using Radeon Settings 17.7 (OEM) itself. I will help you how I got it working properly for the mean time. [Sadly, We can't update it to the Latest version somehow. I was trying to make an Updated Modded Driver but I'm not great with coding. XD]

These steps will help you go through the Process.
    First and foremost do it at your own risk. So, Follow the steps properly and trust me.
    Step One:
    Download this Graphic Driver through my OneDrive
    (AMD Ryzen Processor Graphic.7z)
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmboCbw1UY2UgUIQ7QNANL1MuguI

Step Two:
    Extract it on any Folder you can Access Easily (Desktop most probably)

Step Three: (Sentou Kaishi)
    Go to Windows Settings

Step Four:
    Select Update & Security

Step Five:
    Select Recovery

Step Six:
    On Advance Startup
    Click Restart

Step Seven:
    Press Startup Settings
    *If you can't see it on first Selection
    **Click More Recovery Options at the Bottom of the Selection

Step Eight:
    (After Restart)
    Press F4/Enable Safe Mode

Step Nine:
    (When you are already in your Windows Interface)
    Press Windows Key + X (to Open Power User Menu)

Step Ten:
    Select Device Manager

Step Eleven:
    Expand Display Adapters

Step Twelve [A]: Overlapping Drivers
    Right Click on Any of the Adapters [Select on Whether its Vega Graphics or the Radeon 535 Graphics (Just one adapter would update both)]
    Select Update Driver
    Note: You can also uninstall the Drivers first. For More Neat Installation

Step Twelve [B (Optional)]: Uninstalling Current Driver
    Right Click on Any of the Adapters (Whether its Vega 3 or So and the Radeon 535 Graphics)
    Select Uninstall Driver (Both Vega and Radeon 535 drivers must be uninstalled)
    Tick Delete the driver software for this device
    Click Uninstall

Step Twelve [B (Optional)]: Continuation
    Press F5 (to Refresh the Components)
    *Expand Display Adapters and it would show Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (This is your Vega Graphics)
    **Remember Installing driver on one adapter would install on both adapters

Step Thirteen: Installation
    After selecting Update driver
    Select Browse my Computer for driver software
    Browse
    And Select the AMD Vega Series + Radeon 535 folder you have extracted
    And click Next
    (After driver Installation, Restart your Laptop)

Bonus Step (Optional):
    (on Normal Boot Windows after Restart)
    Open the Extracted folder (AMD Vega Series + Radeon 535)
    Open B330055 folder
    Select/Find ccc2_install.exe
    Double click to Install
    After Installation Close the Installer Window
    Then do Restart
    ***This would activate the Radeon Settings Notification Icon

[Hurray! Screen bugs like Screen Display Discoloration will be fixed.]

(Question: Why not do the driver installation while it's on Normal Mode Windows than Safe Mode? Answer: There's a probability that it cannot Install the driver properly. Instead it will restart your laptop unexpectedly. Which can interrupt Driver installation. Acer bugs fault.)
  • FelGate
    Continuation:
    Screen bugs like Screen Display Discoloration will be fixed and more. Also, Your Radeon 535 Graphics will work properly now.)

For more questions/complain. Contact me here through this community. Thank you and Cheers!!
  • FelGate
    Notes & Information:
    Vega Series + Radeon 535 Graphics would work properly on all/some of the applications and games.
    I can now use both of my/our Vega Series + Radeon 535 Graphics in this list of my Design/Rendering/School and Office Applications without problems.
    Autodesk Softwares like AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, Maya and so on.
    Adobe Cloud Applications (You name it.)
    I also used to play games using either Vega Series (Battery/Plugged-in Mode) or Radeon 535 (Plugged-in Mode).
    Final Fantasy XV PC Version
    Dota 2
    League of Legends
    and more. Just name it.
  • JackE
    @FelGate Thanks you for your efforts on this issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Joren
    Joren Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

FelGate said:
    Continuation:
    Screen bugs like Screen Display Discoloration will be fixed and more. Also, Your Radeon 535 Graphics will work properly now.)

For more questions/complain. Contact me here through this community. Thank you and Cheers!!
    Help mate, I'm currently stuck at Step 12! I uninstalled both Radeon 535 and Vega Graphics Drivers both manually. After it, I could no longer find "Display Adapters" to expand. Oh no. :(
  • JackE
    @Joren You can also send a PM directly to @FelGate on your issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FelGate
    edited October 2018
    Joren said:
    FelGate said:
    Continuation:

Help mate, I'm currently stuck at Step 12! I uninstalled both Radeon 535 and Vega Graphics Drivers both manually. After it, I could no longer find "Display Adapters" to expand. Oh no. :(
    Hi there mate. You must Refresh your Components. So that Device Manager will reload all of the components.

Right Click on Any of the Adapters (Whether its Vega 3 or So and the Radeon 535 Graphics)
    Click Uninstall

Press F5 (to Refresh the Components) **Or Click the Refresh button on the Device Manager Ribbon
    *Expand Display Adapters and it would show Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (This is your Vega Graphics)
  • Joren

Tinkerer

FelGate said:
    Joren said:
    FelGate said:
    Continuation:

Hi there mate. You must Refresh your Components. So that Device Manager will reload all of the components.

Click Uninstall

Press F5 (to Refresh the Components) **Or Click the Refresh button on the Device Manager Ribbon
    Hello mate. Thank you for your kind response! I've successfully done the steps completely. Sadly, the "slight annoying yellowish tint" still persists and I've already done so much to resolve. Just now, I've read that my Aspire A315-41G-R4BW's display is actually TN (not an IPS) LCD. I could barely find on the internet whether this is true or now.

My Aspire 3 Laptop has been with me for 2 weeks already and I've been so disturbed by this yellowish thing 'til now. My question is that is it possible to change the display of my laptop from TN to IPS?

I am actually using my laptop for photo-editing purposes but I really need a display that will not show pale colors.

So is it possible to change it from TN to IPS? Does it affect the warranty?
  • JackE
    >>>So is it possible to change it from TN to IPS? Does it affect the warranty?

Yes, this model was also available with IPS screens with these part numbers
    KL.1560E.011
    KL.1560G.001
    KL.1560G.002
    KL.1560G.003

However, I'd probably try to return the machine to the vendor to exchange it for a model with one of the IPS screens already installed from the factory. It will probably cost more.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Joren

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>So is it possible to change it from TN to IPS? Does it affect the warranty?

Yes, this model was also available with IPS screens with these part numbers
    KL.1560E.011
    KL.1560G.001
    KL.1560G.002
    KL.1560G.003

However, I'd probably try to return the machine to the vendor to exchange it for a model with one of the IPS screens already installed from the factory. It will probably cost more.

Jack E/NJ

I see. My Laptop has been with me for around 2 weeks + already but its replacement period has expired (only 7-day). Can I still change my unit despite of the expired replacement period?

And how much do the following IPS LCD Dsiplays screen you've mentioned above usually cost? :o
  • JackE
    Since an IPS-equipped A315-41G will cost more, the vendor might make an exception to the 7-day return merchandise limit. You must ask the vendor. Price for an ips module is between $150-200 USD or ₱7500-10000  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Joren

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Since an IPS-equipped A315-41G will cost more, the vendor might make an exception to the 7-day return merchandise limit. You must ask the vendor. Price for an ips module is between $150-200 USD or ₱7500-10000  Jack E/NJ

Thank you so much for your helpful responses!